www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tear-Aid for Tube Repair
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:11 pm 
Shark

Last year we had to take back a favorite tube to Costco because we couldn't patch the leak. I really tried about everything I could put my hands on before the season but they all failed. I'd read about Tear-Aid Type B on Overton's and found it at a local store and picked it up. We had our new HO tube, same as last year just a year newer out on our week long vacation, sure enough it had a similar 1/4" rip near a seem like the other one did.

I started off putting some Sevylor Air Seal Vinyl Repair on the rip, put 5 coats of it following the directions. I'd used it before and didn't hold but my confidence in the Tear-Aid wasn't there so figured two was better then one. After letting it dry I cut a piece of the Tear-Aid tape and applied it, rubbing hard as directed. Directions say is holds 100% within 24 hours and 50% immediately, we opted to use a hair dryer to speed up the process.

I can say that within the 2 hours we were back out on the water and the patch(es) held for the next two days of use just fine.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:34 pm 
Starfish

That's good to know it works. Thanks for the info.

What I have been doing is taking it to this older guy who owns a shoe repair store in town. He has it back to me in a day and only charges me 5 bucks. I can't beat it, and I have never had any problems with any of the work he has done.