www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:49 am 
Minnow

I have nagging issue with my port motor and hoping someone in here can help, they are 7.4 Gi's. I advance the throttles to get on plane, both motors come up nicely, then about 3-4 seconds after moving the throttles, around 3k RPM the port motor loses power like its starving for fuel. I can bring both engines back to idle and it will do this over and over. the engine never stalls. I can also hold it about 15-1800ish and it will run forever like that.. as soon as I give it any more load, bluuuuh...

Port motor has 43psi at idle and 48psi under full load when this happens. low pressure pump is 7psi. I even swapped them starboard to port to see if there was a volume issue, nope.... filters are new. check valve is clear, in fact ive pounded out the ball in the valve on this side. Tried a new ignition coil. nope again. distributor is brand new along with module and pickup..

I have a fairly strong automotive background but this thing has me stuck... It feels like fuel or maybe some protection mode? Can I get a data stream out of this DTC connector? I believe I read somewhere you can check codes by rigging up an LED light?

I appreciate any help guys. Thanks Mike.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:11 pm 
Shark

Try swapping distributor cap to verify all contacts are good and no internal break.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:57 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Wondering if a bad spot in the throttle position sensor might cause a problem like that, might be worth performing a sweep test of both sensors and compare. Have you checked spark plug burn conditions, do they look like its running lean?

1979 AMF Alcort Puffer
Previous:
2003 FW190 Horizon
1973 Startcraft 18ft "Sea Pickle"