www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:59 am 
email admin your custom rank

I hate to even bring this up so early - but kid #3 is due about the time I'd normally winterize (due late October).

The last few trailer boats I had - I winterized myself. Warmed the engines up, changed the oil/filter, drained the block via drains and removing hoses - then refill with the pink stuff.

My new boat has a VP 5.7Gi (3rd one of these I've owned) and the Corsa Quick/Quiet Thru-Hull exhaust (new to me). What all do I need to do to ensure the exhaust is winterized properly? Talking out loud, it seems I almost need to buy the kit and run the motor with the 5 gallons of antifreeze after I drain it - and click on the thru hull exhaust?

I googled it - but couldn't find anything specific to winterizing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:01 am 

Negative.....nothing different needed with the Captain's Call exhaust...i have same system and winterize as normal. I do fill the exhaust manifolds and block with the RV Pink....after draining water from block and manifolds and hoses I just poor it in thru the water lines that connect at the top of the thermostat housing. (1...remove large hose that leads to circulation water pump and fill until it starts coming out of therm housing, which means block is full.....2....remove smaller hose that leads to left manifold, raise it up some and fill with funnel until full....3..same thing with hose to right manifold)

don't mess with corsa exhaust

08' H210SS
VP 5.7Gi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:08 am 

TX H210SS wrote:
Negative.....nothing different needed with the Captain's Call exhaust...i have same system and winterize as normal. I do fill the exhaust manifolds and block with the RV Pink....after draining water from block and manifolds and hoses I just poor it in thru the water lines that connect at the top of the thermostat housing. (1...remove large hose that leads to circulation water pump and fill until it starts coming out of therm housing, which means block is full.....2....remove smaller hose that leads to left manifold, raise it up some and fill with funnel until full....3..same thing with hose to right manifold)

don't mess with corsa exhaust

Perfect, thank you! That's the same method I've used in years past.