www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:51 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I am trying top sell my H200 (5.0 GL carb) and two weeks out ago I took it out of storage and went for a run. It ran just like last year, smooth and trouble free... On Wednesday I had a couple lined up for a test drive. When we got to the dock the boat would not start! I tried everything until I killed the two batteries (I had brought a spare in case). If i put gas in the carb it fires and runs so I know I am not getting fuel... Purchased a new fuel pump today and the boat still won't run... I believe I have it down to the fuel pump relay ( I don't have voltage after it). I will try and get one tomorrow. But here is a question for you all , Should the fuel pump run continuously when the ignition is turned to "on"? I never payed attention before now. Could the relay simply have given up the ghost?

Oh yeah! I also noticed that the water pump is leaking so I will have to replace that before I sell it!!!! Plus the covers are a little worse for wear this year and should probably replaced in order to get top dollar.

'89 Chaparral Laser 32

'93 Vista 245, 5.8L w/ King Cobra

Former Boats
'01 H260, 7.4 VP Duoprop
'98 H200, 5.0 GL w/VP SX drive

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:35 am 

Not trying to question intelligence, but is there any chance the kill switch was activated without you knowing it? It has always been my understanding that activating that switch will kill the power to the fuel pump. I would think that would allow it to start by doing what you were doing, but then not run. That would be my first place to look.

2004 Ford Explorer Limited (V8-AWD)
Pomme de Terre Lake (Southwest Missouri)

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:23 pm 

The kill switch is not activated. I have talked to a couple of mechanics and they tell me that the relay very rarely fails. They said I should look at the ignition switch. Apparently a faulty wire there will allow the boat to crank but not bring on the fuel pump. I bought a relay today anyways and will play with it this weekend. I will post my results.

Thanks for the tip anyways!

'89 Chaparral Laser 32

'93 Vista 245, 5.8L w/ King Cobra

Former Boats
'01 H260, 7.4 VP Duoprop
'98 H200, 5.0 GL w/VP SX drive