www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:36 am 
Tadpole

I have 197 243 coastal runner and had to change out the trim limit control box. Does anyone know what the gauge setting is supposed to be set at? #1-#6. my son played with the dial before I could see what the original setting was.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:33 pm 
email admin your custom rank

The Clymer manual gives instructions on how to calibrate the trim limit control box ; I have one, I can scan the instructions and send you a copy, could be a few days before I can do it though; 200 miles from the manual at the moment !

I know the trim sender setting for the non trim limited set up is 11 Ohms (+/- 1 Ohm) when the drive is fully down. I expect it's the same for yours.

Graham

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:48 am 
Tadpole

Thanks for responding. Actually I have the instruction book on how to install it. It is installed and it works fine. The problem is I do not know what brand gauges were installed in the 1997 auto style looking dashboard. I think it is the same in the 243 Coastal Runner and the Sundowner. The dial setting matches the brand gauge. I.e. Volvo, Fiaria, OMC etc. to make the trim gauge work properly.

Anyone know what brand gauge was used in this yaer and style boat? Thanks, Pete

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:49 am 
email admin your custom rank

I'm pretty sure it was VDO. I had a 1999 Sundowner and that was VDO cluster, albeit a later one. Unless you've changed the drive type ( e.g. Volvo to Mercruiser) then the dash cluster should already be programmed for the sender you have. (the trim limit trim sender has an extra - white- wire, the other 2 outer ones are the same as for the non-trim limit sender. For my 1999 one with VP outdrive, the 11 Ohm +/-1 Ohm between the 2 outer wires with drive fully down worked.

Graham