www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:54 am 
Dolphin

Had the boat out this weekend and it started beeping twice every minute (almost to the second). I didn't notice any of the gauges having an abnormal reading or any performance issues except maybe the motor seemed to have a couple of slight hiccups one time. Other than that, I didn't notice anything. The alarm was sounding at cruising speed and at idle speed. I had just filled up with fuel that morning so it was about as fresh as it can get. I want to address this before it becomes a problem (i.e. leaving me stranded out in the middle of the lake with a boat full of people). I am going back through old threads for a possible match to my problem but thought I would ask here while I am looking. Any ideas on what this might be and how to fix it? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:12 am 
268 Vista

Did you check drive fluid reservoir ? If it is low, an alarm will sound. You can always unplug it and see if the alarm stops.
It will also sound if the float is gummed up or stuck, unplugging it is a simple test to verify it is working properly.

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:55 pm 
email admin your custom rank

On any merc when the alarm beeps first thing i check is the gear lube monitor bottle. However, 2 beeps per minute is a check engine notice so it could be that or something slightly more serious but not detrimental, otherwise the alarm would be constant.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:44 pm 
Dolphin

I will check the drive fluid reservoir but from what I've read, the low drive fluid reservoir alarm is a constant alarm. What I am experiencing is a 2 beep/minute alarm. After doing some research, the 2 beep/minute alarm could be any number of things and may require an engine diagnostic readout; however, I'm hoping I can rule out the IAC since I replaced that just a few weeks ago.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:03 pm 
Tadpole

Same thing is happening to me right now, on the lake. Have you found the problem. Thank god for two engines. I came off plane once it went off a few times and when I went to neutral the engine quit and won't start up again. Temp normal, oil pressure normal, oil level normal, drive oil good. Anyone got any ideas??

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:10 pm 
email admin your custom rank

mike74 wrote:
Same thing is happening to me right now, on the lake. Have you found the problem. Thank god for two engines. I came off plane once it went off a few times and when I went to neutral the engine quit and won't start up again. Temp normal, oil pressure normal, oil level normal, drive oil good. Anyone got any ideas??

Yours sounds like the IAC valve.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:48 pm 
Tadpole

Changed IAC and all is well. $170 for the valve here in Canada.