www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trailer cover
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:22 pm 
Minnow

Does anybody have a Four Winns brand trailering/Mooring cover? Pros & Cons if they like it? I have been using the canvas covers to trailer. They are starting to get beat up probably from trailering. I have been using a cheap cover to go over the canvas when boat is home to keep water out. Rain still gets in a few places with canvas cover. I like to keep boat bone dry inside if possible. So my thought was to buy a good trailer/mooring cover and just use that all the time instead of the canvas. Im checking to see if Four Winns makes one for the funship. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Trailer cover
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:38 pm 
Dolphin

I had a local shop custom make a cover it trqilers well but bone dry is not always given.

Post subject: Re: Trailer cover
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:11 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I have a 2000 H240 with Four Winns "Mooring Cover" (Light Brown coated canvas I think)

Looks like a trailer cover to me, as it covers everything down to below the rub rail, but not meant for trailering. The quality of the cover is very nice, and the boat is quite dry and protected from the sun. I think it is nearly air tight, so I am considering adding a vent to let out the Florida heat. This was the original cover from 2000, but had almost never been used by the PO. I purchased 6 weeks ago, and am using the mooring cover as my primary cover when boat is on trailer in my yard. I will not be trailering with it unless just going to the gas station or very local and under 35mph.

Keep in mind that I am talking about a cover made in 2000, so I don't know if the new ones are made the same. I know the "Trailering Cover" is a different material. For curiosity, I have inquired with a local dealer about the price of a FW trailering cover, but have not heard back. Aftermarket Fitted covers are available from $300 to $700, or at the bottom end, a walmart generic cover may be around $140.

prev. boats:
'87 Chaparral 198CXL 4.3 OMC Cobra
'69 Jetstar 16ft Ski Boat, 115hp Yamaha
'68 Aluminum Jon Boat, 3hp Sears
'64 Water Wings