www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:43 am 
Shark

230 Mike wrote:
jntwlsn wrote:
...having non-english speaking receptionists...

Is there any other kind?

If you have a chance to take a pic of the area he's talking about I'd like to see it. The guy sounds to me like he knows what he's talking about.

Just getting back on after a week of work. I will take pictures of suspension and the areas he told me to watch when I get back to the river where I have the boat stored. This guy did sound like he knew what he was talking about. In the meantime, I need to find the parts to the trailer to make the repair myself the next time the boat is slipped for a few days. I figure I'll wait until it's about 125 degrees in the desert heat before I get motivated to make the repair. Any ideas on who to contact rearding the parts...and if anyone says "Ryan from Winniaquam" I'll puke! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:46 am 
Shark

Brent87LT1 wrote:
jntwlsn wrote:

I left wondering if the Four Winns god sent a hillbilly angel to my rescue.

See! The world needs more than college grad dr's & lawyers to get by. Us redrecks & hillbillys keeps the rich on the road and on the water!

That's Right!

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:29 pm 
230 Mike

jntwlsn wrote:
I figure I'll wait until it's about 125 degrees in the desert heat before I get motivated to make the repair.

;) That's how we 240 guys roll. Here, I wait until it's 95 with 90% humidity.

I'm not sure what parts you need, but I like championtrailers.com for a lot of stuff.

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:16 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I just ordered 5 sets of spare bearings and some spare seals from Champion trailers last week as I could not get the seals locally (P/N 171255TB). Great service and good to deal with. Postage was a killer ($55) but you get that living on the other side of the world... :shock:

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:14 am 
Shark

230 Mike wrote:
jntwlsn wrote:
I figure I'll wait until it's about 125 degrees in the desert heat before I get motivated to make the repair.

I'm not sure what parts you need, but I like championtrailers.com for a lot of stuff.

Great site! Very user friendly. Makes me want to order the parts so I can go fix it right away. When I do, you know I'll I'm going to show the "Redneck Trailer Angel" that he was right!!! I wonder if he, like "Highway to Heaven's" Jonathan Smith, was on a special assignment from the Four Winn's God to help some unsuspecting FW boat owner. He may already be eastbound on I-10 in search for the next guy. Godspeed "Redneck Trailer Angel" :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:44 pm 
Shark

jntwlsn wrote:
230 Mike wrote:
jntwlsn wrote:

Great site! Very user friendly. Makes me want to order the parts so I can go fix it right away. When I do, you know I'll I'm going to show the "Redneck Trailer Angel" that he was right!!! I wonder if he, like "Highway to Heaven's" Jonathan Smith, was on a special assignment from the Four Winn's God to help some unsuspecting FW boat owner. He may already be eastbound on I-10 in search for the next guy. Godspeed "Redneck Trailer Angel" :D

Wanted to provide and update ref this thread...

Took several pictures and measured the axels on both sides. Right side hubs were closer together than the left side. I took it to a tire shop in Bullhead City, AZ who services boat trailers. Apparently, the right side rear hanger was welded 3/4" off square causing consideral wear to 2 of the 4 tires. Owner said he sees a handful of trailers every summer with the dame issue.

I think Four Winns owes me the cost of the repair and a set of tires. What ya Think?