www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:47 pm 
Dolphin

I noticed on my trailer only one of the cross beams/members has a hole drilled in it for water to drain out. There are two more cross beams one at the front and the middle that do not have holes in bottom of them for water to drain out. Also I don't see anything on the axle. Are these sealed off so water can not get into them??? I have a steel painted trailer on a 2007 H190

Thanks,

2007 H190
4.3 liter
Seattle WA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:41 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Hi

I would call who ever made the trailer.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:11 am 

Hmmm... I have a FW trailer - I'll have a look at it over the next day or so to see if it has holes in the cross beams - on mine I suspect it does as it is galvanised and you can't have a closed of section.

I believe the axles are solid and not tubes... once again I'll have a look at mine.

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:22 pm 

OK Dennis, checked my galvanized FW trailer last night... each of the crossbeams has a hole punched in it at the center for drainage plus a hole at each end where it butts onto the side rails. If yours doesn't have these drain holes, then I suggest you drill say a 3/8 inch hole in each.

My axles appear to be tube and not solid with the stubs welded into them. They are not galvanized and I would suspect that the total welding of the stub prevents water from entering (at least I hope so!) :)

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:20 am 

Aussie - is that trailer in your pic the one your talking about or are you referencing another trailer in your message.....cuz that one taint galvanized. I would do some checking before i started drilling holes for drainage on the assumption they forgot to punch them the day your trailer was made. could have happened, but it may be a sealed unit and drilling a hole will do nothing but let water in.

08' H210SS
VP 5.7Gi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:27 pm 

My FW trailer (the one in the pic) is both galvanized and gatorhyde coated.

How can I be sure?? The boat originally came on a painted trailer when I bought it and as part of the deal I had the dealer order me a new FW gal and gatorhyde trailer and swap it over. So now boat is 2006 and trailer is 2007. When I swapped the spare wheel over to the left side (we are right hand drive here in Oz) the mound took off a bit of the gatorhyde and it is definately galvanized under there!

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:35 pm 
Dolphin

Dennis, I have a 2006 190 with the same trailer set-up. A couple of times with the boat off the trailer I noticed a sloshing sound while moving the trailer around. Further investigation revealed that I had water trapped in the very front cross beam and because it is the lowest point on the trailer, it's impossible to get it out. I drilled a hole in it and had several gallons of water stream out but all seems fine now. I'd suggest doing the same...