www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:35 am 
email admin your custom rank

TX H210SS, I knew I wasn't the only one doing this! lol...

ric, thanks for finding those products... very interesting... I didn't know they existed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:10 pm 

TX H210SS wrote:
I grab tower and swing down to fender....you only get one shot...failure means you drag your junk over the rub rail making the ankle sprain merely a diversion pain.

Talk about JUNK pain, my uncle kept his boat down in Naple, Fl. He and his buddies went out one day 25 miles off shore to do some grouper fishing. A storm kicked up some 4-6 foot waves and they decided to head back in and try again the next day. One of his fishing buddies slipped while trying to pull in the anchor and lanced his sack with one of the cleats.

Took over an hour to get back to the marina with a bag of ice on his torn bag. He spent 2 days in the hospital... I'll have to ask how long it was before he went fishing again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:43 pm 
Dolphin

Forgot what I was going to say that whole lanced sack thing was disturbing...LOL
One foot on the fender one foot in the boat...not a contortionist, but not vertically challenged either.
Oh yeah the grip tape on the fender and step IS A NECESSITY !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:27 pm 

Mark T....My Lord the horror...that's why I carry a gun....I would prefer a friend shoot me, tie the anchor to my hoof and dump me overboard. I will always make sure the pop up cleats r all down to avoid such a tragedy.

I've been stitched many times but can't imagine the numbing shot he suffered.

08' H210SS
VP 5.7Gi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:50 pm 
Dolphin

TX H210SS wrote:
Mark T....My Lord the horror...that's why I carry a gun....I would prefer a friend shoot me, tie the anchor to my hoof and dump me overboard. I will always make sure the pop up cleats r all down to avoid such a tragedy.

I've been stitched many times but can't imagine the numbing shot he suffered.

Looking for a friend I have anger management issues and could handle your request...LOL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:59 pm 
Shark

When we got our Sundowner 255 home for the first time I had quite a surprise, there was no easy way to board the boat. The swim ladder flexed a lot and scared the Admiral. It was also impossible to use while carrying small items in your hands. So I bought an aluminum step ladder that now stays on the RV pad behind the boat. It gives us a lot more safety and ease-of-use. It is also a point of pride. When people ask me why I have a ladder next to the boat I tell them "so I can get in". We take the ladder with us in the back of the truck for long trips and we need to move a lot of gear from the lockable truck to the boat at our destination. We do get comments from other boaters but no one has fallen. It might be overkill now at age 60 but will become a necessity by age 70.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:45 pm 

[quote="Waked Up"]Forgot what I was going to say that whole lanced sack thing was disturbing...LOL
One foot on the fender one foot in the boat...not a contortionist, but not vertically challenged either.
Oh yeah the grip tape on the fender and step IS A NECESSITY ![/quo

+1 That lanced sack thing made me grimace in pain for that poor lanced sack guy!