www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:30 am 
email admin your custom rank

I think the diffs are not the same between the Titan and Armada, the Titan has a live axle while the Armada has an IRS design. Not sure if they ever had noise complaints but if you know what to listen for you'll hear it if it's there.
I know the Japanese products are good but what steered me away from them is needlessly complex designs and high parts prices.
We rented a Chevy Suburban when we were on vacation in Cali and I have to say the quality of them is far better than in the past and it drives great. I can't get past the unfair trade practices of the Japanese and for that reason stick to the domestic product. It took radiation fears for their gov't to allow foreign rice to be sold. Yet we let them sell whatever they want here.

2008 Walker Bay 8

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:08 am 

Well this weekend went to look at the Sequoia and it was already sold, so I looked at a Nissan Armada. Itest drove it and really liked it. It has a ton of power and the ride was really nice. It is a huge improvement to my Tacoma. The only feature about the Armada that I dont like is the second row of seats dont fold all the way down flat. Which is kind of an issue, as I would like to have the option to sleep in it. But overall I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Armada this week. Thanks for everyone input.

Tow Vehicle: 2007 Toyota Tundra Limited SOLD
1999 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 SOLD
2003 GMC Yukon XL 2500 6.0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:08 am 

lindeman23 wrote:
Well this weekend went to look at the Sequoia and it was already sold, so I looked at a Nissan Armada. Itest drove it and really liked it. It has a ton of power and the ride was really nice. It is a huge improvement to my Tacoma. The only feature about the Armada that I dont like is the second row of seats dont fold all the way down flat. Which is kind of an issue, as I would like to have the option to sleep in it. But overall I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Armada this week. Thanks for everyone input.

Glad you liked the Armada. I have had zero issues really. Just replaced the brakes at 45,000. Other than the gas mileage it has been just an awesome vehicle. it is perfect, no. But nothing is. I in fact went and test drove a new Suburban a few weeks ago and it could not hold a candle to the Armada. I could just tell power and ride wise that I would not like towing our boat with it.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:45 am 

Wet Doggg wrote:
lindeman23 wrote:

Glad you liked the Armada. I have had zero issues really. Just replaced the brakes at 45,000. Other than the gas mileage it has been just an awesome vehicle. it is perfect, no. But nothing is. I in fact went and test drove a new Suburban a few weeks ago and it could not hold a candle to the Armada. I could just tell power and ride wise that I would not like towing our boat with it.

What year is your Armada? I'm wondering if the 2008 LE that I am looking at has air ride rear suspension.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:02 am 

lindeman23 wrote:
Wet Doggg wrote:
lindeman23 wrote:

What year is your Armada? I'm wondering if the 2008 LE that I am looking at has air ride rear suspension.

I am sure it does. Mine is a 2007. Love the air leveling suspension.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:53 am 

Great, what is your mpg when you tow and normal driving?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:16 pm 

Summer we get about 15 mpg on the highway under 75 mph. 10 mpg when towing the boat. 12 in the city. In the winter it averages out to about 12 all around.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:23 pm 

Wet Doggg wrote:
Summer we get about 15 mpg on the highway under 75 mph. 10 mpg when towing the boat. 12 in the city. In the winter it averages out to about 12 all around.

Ok that isn't too bad, about the same as my truck gets... I have a bit of a lead foot so I'm sure those number will go down, but I only drive 3 miles to work everyday.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:06 pm 
Starfish

I would have to agree with the Armada. I have a QX56, which is basically the same vehicle with a few more bells and whistles. Mine is a 2006, it is 4x4 and is a beast! As my signature says, I have a 260 and it tows it with no problem. We just went down to the Keys for July 4th, and going down I averaged about 9.3 mpg, and about 8.9 coming back. Going down I did 68, coming home, about 72, and that is a 400+ mile trip each way.

If you have a problem with the brakes, it is gonna be the rotors. They definately have an issue with the early years. Also, we had a 2005 Titan and I loved that truck. I only traded it because I drive 80 miles a day to and from work, so I got a Versa.