www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bow & cockpit canvas
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:39 pm 
ShanMan

Our 2006 Funship had the bow and cockpit canvas with the boat. Since we've had the boat, we've parked in our driveway and left it open. While it's new it's been fun to sit in the boat on the trailer when we can't take it to water.

However, the dew and periodic rain is (obviously) getting in the boat. The ski locker has moisture I can't seem to get rid of and the carpet is we as well, particularly under the rubber backing. So' we've decided to cover it when it's not in use.

It seems as thought it's going to be virtually impossible to GET it dry before I put the covers on. And, in looking at the front ladder/anchor storage, water can happily pour in there anyway as it's not covered.

Am I wasting my time trying to get it completely dry before I install the canvas? Even the canvas has places water can get in, it appears.

http://vista278.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:38 pm 
Dolphin

I wouldn't worry too much about getting it completely dry, especially the cover and exposed cockpit areas..... where you don't want it to stay wet is carpeting that is "inside" a storage area or it will start to smell. This is also especially true of the other storage areas where you might have life jackets or towels....don't put them away wet or you'll be in trouble. We decided this year to put a tarp over the whole boat, which we tie down with bungies but leave lots of room for air circulation. Our issue wasn't rain water -- that's really no big deal, but we're cursed with trees all around --- major problems with everything from sap, to pollen, to leaves, flowers, etc. Lots of things that can stain.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:27 pm 
ShanMan

I got some dessicant to help keep the moisture down. But, I intend to get a cover, like you. We have trees around too.

http://vista278.com

Post subject: Re: Bow & cockpit canvas
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:12 am 
Tadpole

I`ve just fitted an ex army canvas to my series and was just wondering if any one had recomdaitions for a waterproofer ? the canvas is not leeking but is starting to dry out?? :roll: