www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:17 pm 
Guppy

I am thinking of installing 2 pair of speakers in my 2013 h190. I have the stock speakers and I also installed another set under the rear seats facing forward.
I would like to mount two in the bow and two off the back along with a remote.
I am installing 2 kenwood 4x45 amps to power all the speakers.
I am installing an additional battery as well as the blue sea add a battery system as insurance and so we can listen to audio parked.
I will put the amps under the rear seats and run fresh speaker wire to all the speakers around the boat. Obviously the rear facing and the bench speakers will be pretty easy - the speakers on the sides will be tough but doable... but the bow speakers have me worried. I am not sure how to fish the wire up there.
I am also not sure how to get the two sets of RCA's back to the amps. I plan on fishing the remote wire with one of the RCA's.
I attempted to take off some of the trim to see if there was any way of exposing more space - some of the trim comes off easier than others. Some will not come off at all.

Has anyone made these runs? If so, how did you do it?

Last, for the blue sea add a batt, there is a starter/cranking battery isolator which I am assuming is for keeping the audio on/isolating the house batt while cranking over the engine. It isn't clear what wire this is and I can't find a schematic. Is there anyone here that is familiar with this wires location?

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:23 am 
Shark

This may be too late of a response. I just recently ran some power and ground wires from the starboard side of boat to the port side. I ran in it from the accessory switch around the back of the boat to the the radio area in the dash on the port side. I used a fish tape to run the wires. I just puled out the 2 inside speakers to help guide the the fish tape and keep the wires up higher in the walls of the hull. This worked great for what I needed.