www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:30 pm 
Seahorse

Anybody done it? I was at the local stereo shop this weekend and explained my problem...which is, I love the good sound that comes from the tower speakers but I don't have and won't be buying a tower. They said "easy"... we do this all the time and showed me a Crownline they were installing tower speakers on...without a tower. They were basically towards the back (close to the rear seats) on both sides facing backwards. The cans were polished aluminum and looked really nice.

So...I purchased a couple of polished aluminum cans along with some Polk 6.5's and am awaiting their arrival. The more time that goes buy...the more I become afraid of doing this.

Oh yeah, second problem. I need something behind my bow and cockpit 6.5's so that they are not blowing music into the open air behind them. Not sure what you call them...baffles? Any recommendations on this?

Thoughts?

Last edited by SkullPatrol on Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:34 pm 
Nauti Luv

What shop were you at?

Previous Boats:
1999 298 Vista "Seas The Day"
2008 H200SS "Nauti Luv"
2006 Tahoe Q4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:00 pm 
Seahorse

Earmark? Different from the place that installed the JL's.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:46 pm 
Seahorse

Found the can's on Ebay and bought the Polk's on Amazon. A local install shop put these on for me and I'm real happy with the way they turned out. I must say I was nervous but figured even if I didn't like them there would be somebody out there who did when it came time to sell.

Trying to post a pic for you guys....

http://s862.photobucket.com/albums/ab189/skullpatrol/?action=view&current=IMG00001-20110512-1607.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:53 am 
email admin your custom rank

Hey Skull we have the same boat I have the yellow and white one how fast do you get her to run any engine upgrades I should look into doing. She is being delivered today at noon so that is why I am on here at 5 in the morning I can't sleep. Getting updates she is presently in Georgia coming down to me in South Florida. Any pictures of any upgrades would be greatly appreciated. She has the same engine as yours also. 8) Joe from Miami

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:00 am 
Seahorse

Hey Joe and welcome !! Congrats on your SS. I think you will enjoy it. This boat to me is an upgrade from an 18ft Freedom/Horizon which had the 4.3 in it. I've not looked into any engine or performance mods.....honestly have not felt the need to. It goes as fast as I need it to and I believe my top speed has been in the range of 56-58mph per dashboard speedo. If I ever decide I'm not going fast enough (which could happen)....I'll probably just end up getting a bigger, badder boat !!!