www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Clear Lake Near Me
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:24 am 
email admin your custom rank

I will take some pictures of the Clam Lake north side public access. I watched all different sizes of boats and pontoons go in and out over the weekend, biggest I saw was a 34' Powerquest that sounded wonderful when they fired up the motor. As for parking, was not a problem at all this past weekend and DeWitt had a Closed sign on their access ramp since they were pulling some boats as well as taking care of putting in their rack customers. 4th of July, there was a 45 min+ wait to launch, Alden was over an hour, but if you had boat in by 10 am, there was almost no wait.

The guy with the yellow sea plane on Clam uses the north ramp to pull his plane out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:05 am 

When we stayed at DeWitt's, they had the ramp closed sign up. I asked them about it and they said they do that so the public does not try to use the ramp. I found their ramps to be just fine. One of the courtesy docks at the ramp was closed due to construction.

2005 Sundowner 205
Columbus, OH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:28 pm 

Just finished spending 4 days/nights at anchor on my 278 with my 3 kids and wife at Dale Hollow! It was a great time, and thankfully the weather was decent for us. The water is clean and clear and it is a place that we will consider going to again in the future.

Our next trip is going back to the chain of lakes in Michigan at the end of this month. We are very excited about this trip because last year we did not take the kids. Also bringing some other friends up with us. I wanted to make it up to Charlevoix this year, but it doesn't look like its going to happen. After last year's trip to Torch, we decided that we would rather spend the time there since we knew that we wished we had spent more time there. This time we will be staying 8 days!! :D

2005 Sundowner 205
Columbus, OH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:55 pm 

hutch9900 wrote:
Just finished spending 4 days/nights at anchor on my 278 with my 3 kids and wife at Dale Hollow! It was a great time, and thankfully the weather was decent for us. The water is clean and clear and it is a place that we will consider going to again in the future.

Wow 4 nights at anchor with 3 kids on a 278 and you had a great time....you are an inspiration my friend!! I've been searching for every little bit of storage on our 268 and thats just to make room for a baby, let alone 3 kids/2adults!! Would love to see pics from that trip :D

1979 AMF Alcort Puffer
Previous:
2003 FW190 Horizon
1973 Startcraft 18ft "Sea Pickle"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:38 am 

Bliss36 wrote:
hutch9900 wrote:

Wow 4 nights at anchor with 3 kids on a 278 and you had a great time....you are an inspiration my friend!! I've been searching for every little bit of storage on our 268 and thats just to make room for a baby, let alone 3 kids/2adults!! Would love to see pics from that trip :D

I will get some on here. I even brought the dinghy with us. None of us were terribly cramped. I wish I had taken pictures of how much food was packed on our boat. We were packed to the brim with food. As for clothes, underwear were important but other than that we had swimming suits on mostly. It took a lot of careful planning for our storage, but we made it work and actually over-packed on water and food. The only thing we didn't enjoy was the intense heat and lack of a breeze. That just made us spend the majority of our awake time IN the water.

My youngest is 16 months old now. Last year, our trips didn't include the older kids because of all the baby stuff. This year, we have simplified and the baby doesn't need quite as much. At the beginning of this year, we bought a place on Catawba Island on Lake Erie because we were thinking that we would either have to do that or upsize our boat. We loved our boat we so much that we decided a nice place on a lake with a dock would make it possible. Being at anchor for that long may only happen once a year, but we are going to spend a full week at Torch. The key there is that we will have a slip and the kids can get off the boat and explore also.

2005 Sundowner 205
Columbus, OH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:56 am 

hutch9900 wrote:
Bliss36 wrote:
hutch9900 wrote:

I will get some on here. I even brought the dinghy with us. None of us were terribly cramped. I wish I had taken pictures of how much food was packed on our boat. We were packed to the brim with food. As for clothes, underwear were important but other than that we had swimming suits on mostly. It took a lot of careful planning for our storage, but we made it work and actually over-packed on water and food. The only thing we didn't enjoy was the intense heat and lack of a breeze. That just made us spend the majority of our awake time IN the water.

My youngest is 16 months old now. Last year, our trips didn't include the older kids because of all the baby stuff. This year, we have simplified and the baby doesn't need quite as much. At the beginning of this year, we bought a place on Catawba Island on Lake Erie because we were thinking that we would either have to do that or upsize our boat. We loved our boat we so much that we decided a nice place on a lake with a dock would make it possible. Being at anchor for that long may only happen once a year, but we are going to spend a full week at Torch. The key there is that we will have a slip and the kids can get off the boat and explore also.

Impressive Hutch! We just spent 9 days on the 318 (2 kids, 11 & 2). That had to be a tight fit!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:37 am 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/846 ... 190115.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/846 ... 190145.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/846 ... 201654.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/846 ... 193320.jpg

I know these aren't the best quality, but its some of the quick to upload pics that I have.

2005 Sundowner 205
Columbus, OH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:42 am 

firecadet613 wrote:

Impressive Hutch! We just spent 9 days on the 318 (2 kids, 11 & 2). That had to be a tight fit!

Mine are 11, 6, and 16 months. It was great! We all had a great time and really enjoy the memory making :D

2005 Sundowner 205
Columbus, OH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:53 am 
268 Vista

Glad you made it to Dale Hollow. Nice lake. Norris is also fantastic.

We boated the inland waterway from Cheboygan to Burt Lake last Thurs. and Friday (on friends boat)
Then we went to Torch Lake Friday and Saturday, with our kayaks.... FWIW, water temps were hovering
at low 70's on Torch and near 80 on Burt and Mullet lakes.

We will be at Torch 8/8 for the day. Possibly on a rented Four Winns :mrgreen:

Enjoy your summer trips !

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:00 am 

Cap'n Morgan wrote:
Glad you made it to Dale Hollow. Nice lake. Norris is also fantastic.

We boated the inland waterway from Cheboygan to Burt Lake last Thurs. and Friday (on friends boat)
Then we went to Torch Lake Friday and Saturday, with our kayaks.... FWIW, water temps were hovering
at low 70's on Torch and near 80 on Burt and Mullet lakes.

We will be at Torch 8/8 for the day. Possibly on a rented Four Winns :mrgreen:

Enjoy your summer trips !

I am hoping that we will still be there on the 8th (us and a friend). We have two slips at DeWitt's for 7-31 to 8-7 as of right now. 70's might be a bit chilly, but honestly I think we can handle that. The water at Dale Hollow was mid to upper 80's :shock: It was like bath water!

2005 Sundowner 205
Columbus, OH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:17 am 
268 Vista

Anywhere near 70 degress in Northern Michigan lakes IS bathwater. :)

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:24 pm 

Cap'n Morgan wrote:
Anywhere near 70 degress in Northern Michigan lakes IS bathwater. :)

Lol! The East arm of Traverse Bay near Elk Rapids was 69.2 F last weekend. I found an abandoned anchor on the botton in 5ft of water that I spend 20 minutes digging out of the seabed.The water started to feel nice once I went numb. :lol:

1979 AMF Alcort Puffer
Previous:
2003 FW190 Horizon
1973 Startcraft 18ft "Sea Pickle"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:45 pm 

Lake Michigan water temp at Holland registered as 47 degrees on July 3rd according to my depth sounder temp sensor.

Previous:97 245 Sundowner 5.7GI/SX

Tow vehicle: 1986 GMC 2500 Camper Special 454/TH400

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6