www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:07 pm 
email admin your custom rank

GottWhat wrote:
NOLV4V8 wrote:
Ill have to try that at home, for some reason its not opening on my work computer. Good lookin out. SUCKS the Sni is all no wake for boats like myself, I sadly just keep running through there...

In the three main channels (South, Middle & North), there are two spots in the middle channel where 26+ have to slow down to no-wake. South Channel is open. North Channel is no-wake for all boats from the mouth of the lake until you get past the North Channel Yacht Club.

There is the 200-600 ft rule in areas where you do not need to slow to no-wake. Boats under 26 have to remain 200 feet from shore and 26+ must be 600 ft from shore when above no-week speed. This is to protect homeowners from sea wall and dock damage so stay towards the middle and/or closer to the marshy side and you will be good.

You'll see when you can open the chart...

yeah I am very familiar with most spots, its the one by browns I never knew anything about, and the Sni was the bigger shock. Looks like I will have to keep my eyes peeled more, and run closer to the marsh side of things.

Past: 1989 180 Horizon

http://www.robcamerondesign.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:20 pm 

Yeah, SNI is all no-wake for your size boat and is no wake for all boats the last 20% before hitting the lake. The chart is really handy. I actually printed and then laminated it lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:36 pm 

GottWhat wrote:
We didn’t go out yesterday (took the family to the movies, did some house work and kids were swimming at home) but I did take a buddy and his daughter out on Saturday. We went for a cruise up the South Channel around to the Middle Channel down to Brown’s (a restaurant on Harsen's Island). The water was perfect for cruising.

It was before noon and we were sitting on the deck at Brown’s waiting for our food, watching the boats and enjoying the day when we saw a boat almost crashed into a pontoon. The pontoon was leaving Brown’s moving at no-wake speed and was near the entrance of Brown’s. A solo captain in ~25 year old Larson approximately 17’ in length came in while still on plane and came within a foot of the pontoon, rocking it pretty bad with his wake. This was right next to Brown’s docks so there is not a lot of space on either side. The Larson slowed down after clearing the pontoon, the pontoon captain rightfully had some words for the Larson captain but the Larson captain only raised his hand to acknowledge that it was his bad.

We proceeded to watch the Larson captain dock his boat in one of the shorter spots along the side of Brown’s. It took him a good 15 minutes to do so as he was clearly wasted and it is barely past 11 AM. I hear a splash and see he was now in the water. At least he is touching ground and his head is above water as I would hate to get wet trying to save a drunk from himself. He tried to lift himself up at the dock but it was a lost cause even with the higher water levels. The drunk then went around to the back of his boat where he would use the swim platform ladder. First try, he fell back in. The second time, it took him several minutes of very deliberate movement but he finally made it up on the boat.

I pointed the Captain Drunk to the waitress and she kind of shrugged and said “It’s Brown’s”. I have been to Brown’s many times and never seen anyone like that. But I only go during the day. I thought they would call the cops on him but they apparently did not as he came back to his boat about 30-45 minutes later with another 6-pack then left.

I wish I had called the cops on him. Next time, I certainly will.

Ugh. Next time call. People like this ruin others good times and also lives with their foolish antics. Trust me - it's much easier when they are close to land rather than out in the middle of the water to catch them.

2013 Dodge Durango HEMI

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:42 pm 

fi.na.tine wrote:
GottWhat wrote:
We didn’t go out yesterday (took the family to the movies, did some house work and kids were swimming at home) but I did take a buddy and his daughter out on Saturday. We went for a cruise up the South Channel around to the Middle Channel down to Brown’s (a restaurant on Harsen's Island). The water was perfect for cruising.

It was before noon and we were sitting on the deck at Brown’s waiting for our food, watching the boats and enjoying the day when we saw a boat almost crashed into a pontoon. The pontoon was leaving Brown’s moving at no-wake speed and was near the entrance of Brown’s. A solo captain in ~25 year old Larson approximately 17’ in length came in while still on plane and came within a foot of the pontoon, rocking it pretty bad with his wake. This was right next to Brown’s docks so there is not a lot of space on either side. The Larson slowed down after clearing the pontoon, the pontoon captain rightfully had some words for the Larson captain but the Larson captain only raised his hand to acknowledge that it was his bad.

We proceeded to watch the Larson captain dock his boat in one of the shorter spots along the side of Brown’s. It took him a good 15 minutes to do so as he was clearly wasted and it is barely past 11 AM. I hear a splash and see he was now in the water. At least he is touching ground and his head is above water as I would hate to get wet trying to save a drunk from himself. He tried to lift himself up at the dock but it was a lost cause even with the higher water levels. The drunk then went around to the back of his boat where he would use the swim platform ladder. First try, he fell back in. The second time, it took him several minutes of very deliberate movement but he finally made it up on the boat.

I pointed the Captain Drunk to the waitress and she kind of shrugged and said “It’s Brown’s”. I have been to Brown’s many times and never seen anyone like that. But I only go during the day. I thought they would call the cops on him but they apparently did not as he came back to his boat about 30-45 minutes later with another 6-pack then left.

I wish I had called the cops on him. Next time, I certainly will.

Ugh. Next time call. People like this ruin others good times and also lives with their foolish antics. Trust me - it's much easier when they are close to land rather than out in the middle of the water to catch them.

I will absolutely be calling next time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:22 am 
Shark

Trying to fly through this last work day of the week. 90's this weekend around here. Hopefully the forecasted rain stays away and I can get out on the water. We have been waiting for weather like this all summer.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:43 am 

We have bad weather coming this weekend plus birthday parties both days so I took yesterday off to spend on the lake. It was absolutely beautiful. Low wind, temps below 80 degrees, calm lake, light traffic, etc.

Started off by calling in a pizza order to Riverside Grocery so it would be ready when we arrive. The pizza was ready when we arrived but it took a few minutes and some $$$ to top off 60 gallons of fuel. I mixed in a quart of Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant and Fuel Injector Cleaner. We ate the pizza there, yummy!

We then headed over to Goose Bay for some tubing. My mom let us have her 2 person tube where the riders sit down side by side. We have other tubes but this one is best for little kids so we let our youngest (he turns 4 next month) tube for his first time and he loved it. He was wanting to go faster and bounce over more waves than our other son (7 years old).

After awhile, we anchored behind Strawberry Island. The kids went swimming (water temp is barely over 70 degrees), we listened to some tunes and relaxed. We then headed over to Club Island so the kids could use the play ground and bathroom facilities. We also hung out and watched boats go by on the Middle Channel.

My wife captained the boat back to the marina (~30 minutes) which allowed me to hang out in my second favorite spot of the boat, the bow.

Perfect day.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:45 am 

had a great 10 days at Kiawah Island, SC with he family playing in the sand with my little boy. No boats but a ton of beach and river action.. every day from 845-6 we were on the beach. great time. ill sling up some pictures in a bit.. getting settled back into the office this morning.

http://www.smwebhead.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11136
1977 14' CMF Skiff SOLD
2015 Emotion Stealth Angler 11

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:04 am 

typical monday.. surf the interwebz and look at boats and trucks. paperwork and plan out my week of boat work.. YES guys the restoration is back in full speed ahead action after a month of vacations and travels.

1977 14' CMF Skiff SOLD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:29 am 

ordering some Stainless steel Gas lift struts for the Ski locker hatch and the Engine compartment/sunpad lid.. shiny SS for the win..

1977 14' CMF Skiff SOLD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:26 am 

looking at boats on the internet at the office

1977 14' CMF Skiff SOLD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:58 am 
Shark

Waiting on parts

1 - tail light bracket and tail light

2 rubber elbow to speedo connection

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:54 pm 

Still being the mechanic....replaced the 28 year old ESA Module and micro switches...

2008 Walker Bay 8

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:15 pm 

shopping for some SS hold down clamps to secure the rear bench seat in place.

1977 14' CMF Skiff SOLD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:58 am 

Looking at getting a KUUMA 160 Stow N' Go Stainless grill. for use with tailgating and the boat transom. i think i have decided that this is the best all around size to make me happy. and use the Magma pedestal mount as i like that mount better than the KUUMA mount base that stays on the swim platform.

1977 14' CMF Skiff SOLD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:36 pm 

Curious Jdpber...why did you decide the Kuuma vs. a Magma?

Chris and Alicia
Las Vegas, NV
ALTIVA
1996 Four Winns 238 Vista Dlx 5.8Fi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next