www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:31 pm 
email admin your custom rank

LVChris wrote:
Curious Jdpber...why did you decide the Kuuma vs. a Magma?

well it was the dimensions and cost at first.. i have been back n forth between the 2 until about 10 min ago when i found a deal on the Magma Adventurer 9x12 for a good bit less than the Kuuma 160. and a deal on a food tray for the MAGMA. and well buying the food tray has made up my decision to go magma and the factor that i prefer the MAGMA pedestal better it made since to have it all the same.

http://www.smwebhead.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11136
1977 14' CMF Skiff SOLD
2015 Emotion Stealth Angler 11

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:05 pm 

ok the deal on the food tray? pass that info along...I want one for my Magma. Which so far I love...only had 1 bad day with it, and that was trying to cook in 15-25 mph winds...it wouldn't stay lit.

stayed lit on this day though...

Chris and Alicia
Las Vegas, NV
ALTIVA
1996 Four Winns 238 Vista Dlx 5.8Fi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:22 pm 

The deal wAs a Used never used like new food tray on eBay for $25 shipped. I snatched it up. All I can say is keep an eye out. As far as the wind, the one I am looking to get is the 9x12 infrared anti flare even heat.

And in the past month the Kuuma and Magma are very similar in build quality and function. I found a deal on the magma that's better than the Kuuma deal I found so I made the call. Going to West marine tomorrow to look in person at the magmas just to finalize the decision before placing the order.

1977 14' CMF Skiff SOLD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:25 am 

Finally completed step one of our renovation project - removed the dinette and added a third bed. The new bed is 34" wide (5" less than a full twin) and 80" long (same as a queen). Underneath is a ton of storage, behind each of those doors is a clear coated maple veneer 28" deep cupboard - specifically deep enough to hold our BBQ when it's not in use. Under the cushions there are lift up lids to access additional storage, 2 lids that cover a 17"W x 60"L x 12"D storage space + 1 lid that covers a 34"L x 22"W x 12"D area.
We also replaced all of the fabric covering the walls (except in the aft cabin) with vinyl that matches the head liner. Much easier to clean and won't stain if a port hole leaks.
The adults never used the dinette for eating (we prefer to be outside), it was more like a place to put all our bags when we stayed over, now they all fit in the cupboards! The upper counter hangs over, so the kids can sit at the bar (cross legged on the bed) and eat there if they like. They also like to watch TV from there since the TV swings around so they can see it. All in all, a fantastic upgrade to our boat - but I've saved the dinette components and when we sell the boat, the new owner can put it back in if they prefer.
Now we're thinking of enlarging the forward berth into a mostly square queen size bed, which would require us to remove the small forward closet and the cupboard under the TV. We can regain this storage under the new bed extension and also in new cupboards right up in the 'V'. We are also going to re-do all the doors to match the new ones, and change the counter top to match......or......we'll buy a bigger boat. But since I do all the work myself, renovations are a lot less expensive than a new boat!

Before

After

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:00 pm 

Had a great extended weekend on the Spokane River up to Coeur d' Alene with our friends. Our group took 2 boats, mine and a friends Maxum. Great time tubing and floating around. Local FD came by on our last night to put out our small campfire - too high burn risk (Metal enclosed, >20' from frees/shrubs, surrounded by green grass, and 3 hoses and 2 5 gallon buckets right next to us... But local law is local law.)
Pictures? None. too busy having fun.

2013 Dodge Durango HEMI

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 pm 

Replaced my spark plugs today- it had been about 2-2.5 seasons since the last set went in. Man I hate trying to get at those suckers! The old set were a bit dirty, so I'm glad I took the time.
Also gave the carb a quick cleaning and cleaned the flame arrestor.

5.0L Mercruiser, Alpha 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:45 am 

Today, I found out that my engine has a Hydraulic Roller Camshaft & not a Flat tappet Camshaft that I had always thought!
Win of the year! 8)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:35 am 

weather wrote:
Finally completed step one of our renovation project - removed the dinette and added a third bed. The new bed is 34" wide (5" less than a full twin) and 80" long (same as a queen). Underneath is a ton of storage, behind each of those doors is a clear coated maple veneer 28" deep cupboard - specifically deep enough to hold our BBQ when it's not in use. Under the cushions there are lift up lids to access additional storage, 2 lids that cover a 17"W x 60"L x 12"D storage space + 1 lid that covers a 34"L x 22"W x 12"D area.
We also replaced all of the fabric covering the walls (except in the aft cabin) with vinyl that matches the head liner. Much easier to clean and won't stain if a port hole leaks.
The adults never used the dinette for eating (we prefer to be outside), it was more like a place to put all our bags when we stayed over, now they all fit in the cupboards! The upper counter hangs over, so the kids can sit at the bar (cross legged on the bed) and eat there if they like. They also like to watch TV from there since the TV swings around so they can see it. All in all, a fantastic upgrade to our boat - but I've saved the dinette components and when we sell the boat, the new owner can put it back in if they prefer.
Now we're thinking of enlarging the forward berth into a mostly square queen size bed, which would require us to remove the small forward closet and the cupboard under the TV. We can regain this storage under the new bed extension and also in new cupboards right up in the 'V'. We are also going to re-do all the doors to match the new ones, and change the counter top to match......or......we'll buy a bigger boat. But since I do all the work myself, renovations are a lot less expensive than a new boat!

Before

After

Great job, and great use of space!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:03 am 

Charging up a new pair of batteries to be installed this week.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:18 am 

weather wrote:

Nice Work. Great that you modified in a way that works best for you and your family, and kept it so the next buyer could keep the same or put it back the way it was. Great looking workmanship.

prev. boats:
'87 Chaparral 198CXL 4.3 OMC Cobra
'69 Jetstar 16ft Ski Boat, 115hp Yamaha
'68 Aluminum Jon Boat, 3hp Sears
'64 Water Wings

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:15 pm 

laid some glass inside the storage bench at lunch and left it in the driveway baking in the sun so i can continue to work when i get home. GLASS Glass and more glass. Got to get this boat done.

1977 14' CMF Skiff SOLD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:52 pm 

Tonight we are going to a wedding reception at the Detroit Athletic Club. Not going to drink because we are waking up early so we can get to Club Island in time for the kids cardboard boat races. It will be the first time for our sons (7 & 4).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:41 am 

slow monday after a 3 day weekend of wedding activities with all of the boys. 13 buddies together for 3 days of booze equals RUFF monday at the office.

1977 14' CMF Skiff SOLD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:27 pm 

Finally upgraded the wiring to our refrigerator from 14awg to 10awg - decreased the voltage drop from 1.8V to 0.3V, allowing the compressor to start even as the battery begins to get closer to 50% used.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:16 pm 

been working on the rear dry box.

1977 14' CMF Skiff SOLD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next