www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:23 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Wet Doggg wrote:
Nice looking boat, where did you find it?

It was in Fenton, MI. It wasn't even listed for sale but we ran into our previous sales guy at the Detroit boat show and he mentioned it might be available. We'd been looking for a cuddy with an enclosed head for a few years

Previous:97 245 Sundowner 5.7GI/SX

Tow vehicle: 1986 GMC 2500 Camper Special 454/TH400

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:43 am 
email admin your custom rank

Paul I. wrote:
That is very much like the one I owned!! What was great too was the speakers and storage on the stern!

Engine compartment had more than enough room. The storge in the floor of the cockpit was so big. I had to add a rubber seal around it. Water was leaking in and the 2 storage compartment under each seat was all ways wet from it.

I added a radar arch, which I mounted the VHF ant. and radar and anchor light. The wiring is far better that FW hands down! The only thing I hated was the vac-u-fush system that they used. I talked to a few Vuc-u-flush dealers and the said that you have "the bottom of the line model". I had more problems with it. The tank is about 3 or 4 gals, and the pump motor is exposed.

I added a windless too. The anchor locker made it real easy to do and the cover when right over it. Try a Fortress anchor and 30' of 1/4" chain.

Other than that, I loved that boat and hated to sell it. The boat was getting too small for us. I now have a 29'er with twin engines. :lol:

FYI - PLEASE forgive me. I noticed the way you have the boat tied up. If a good wave came by, you would rip off your cleats.

Ours only has a pump out porta potty, so that makes it a much simpler system.
A windlass is on the future list of modifications.
The dock lines are part of a "fun" first day of new boat story. After the purchase we had a few things fixed and the grill mount installed. It was about 3 weeks later when we finally took possession of the boat. Our first trip to the boat ramp turned into a pain when I found both batteries were dead and then my truck started leaking coolant while at the boat ramp. Long story short, after a trip to the auto parts store for 2 new batteries and a radiator cap for the truck, we didn't get the boat into the water until after 7 pm and didn't have any lunch. The boat was tied to the slip as quickly as possible that evening so we could cook dinner. I then adjusted the dock lines correctly.

Previous:97 245 Sundowner 5.7GI/SX

Tow vehicle: 1986 GMC 2500 Camper Special 454/TH400