www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GOLF CARTS
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:44 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Ok we are looking at moving soon and when we do i will be buying a golf cart to put around in with the little man.

Simply put i like golf carts and cruising around. We plan to buy/build in a neighborhood with a pool so that is part of the reason. And the majority is i have a few friends with them and little kids and the kids flat out love riding around with dad in the cart.

OK so who has what, has had what. know what about what.. gas electric series vs Region DCS vs PDS 36 vs 48 lifted not lifted

I cannot make up my mind. so many good bad on each. Their is no perfect model to get for torque speed power range reliability. Which makes the decision ever more complex. I know i want to ride around. ability to go up a hill. ability to not get stuck in the front lawn. does it need to be a salt flats land speed record holder, NO. but it needs to go faster than a walk haha..

OK let me know what you guys know.

Oh i also will have to have a rear seat with flip bed.

http://www.smwebhead.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11136
1977 14' CMF Skiff SOLD
2015 Emotion Stealth Angler 11

Post subject: Re: GOLF CARTS
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:08 pm 

Build him an engine powered go-kart.
Buying an electric POS will encourage him to buy a Prius when he's older.

You don't want him to be 'that guy' with the Prius...

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:39 pm 

deafwish wrote:

LOL.

...seriously, I was going to suggest Electric for the use you have described.

prev. boats:
'87 Chaparral 198CXL 4.3 OMC Cobra
'69 Jetstar 16ft Ski Boat, 115hp Yamaha
'68 Aluminum Jon Boat, 3hp Sears
'64 Water Wings

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:11 pm 

Think outside of the box. I have a side by side quad. Can be used like a golf cart, a workhorse around the house (half ton dump box), or just a good fun off road toy.

And a lot of others.

Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:00 pm 

We belong to a yacht club and a lot of members have them to get around the grounds (both gas and electric). I am looking to buy one this year mainly to appease my eldest daughter who wants one so she can "be like one of the cool kids". We were allowed to use a retiring member's electric Yamaha last year and I personally like them better than gas. IMO, the electric carts seem to ride smoother and are obviously quieter than gas which allows you to have a more relaxing ride. I get enough of an engine noise when running the boat.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:49 pm 

When I had a workshop in the mid 2000's to work on my tuner cars my neighbor had a business tuning and building electric golf carts for retirement communities. I vividly remember clocking over 50mph on a GPS and doing wheelies in his electric creations.

2003 Chaparral 215 SSI - sold
2009 Stingray 195CS - sold
2000 Four Winns H180 - sold
1976 O'day Daysailer II - sold

Rick's Four Winns H180 Mods/Upgrade Thread

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:48 am 

Winter Sux wrote:
Think outside of the box. I have a side by side quad. Can be used like a golf cart, a workhorse around the house (half ton dump box), or just a good fun off road toy.

if i wanted to spend $14 grand i would buy a RZR. but those are not conducive for putting around the neighborhood to the pool and sipping a drink in the evenings with the wife on a pleasure cruise around the block. YEs they are fun off road. I HAVE a 4wd on 35s for off road fun and 4 wheelers that are more capable than the expensive RZR at a fraction of the RZR cost. My Raptor 1200R gives me plenty of the speed thrills. and the Honda gets me thru the mud. their tires are expensive and get eat to hell on the street not to mention both have tuned exhaust and for sure will piss people off.

1977 14' CMF Skiff SOLD

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:51 am 

deafwish wrote:

Oh don't you worry he will have go-karts and 50 and 90cc wheelers. but this is not for my 5 month old to drive LOL. this is for me to that his ass around in.. and make momma happy. HAPPY WIFE HAPPY LIFE. buddy has a 50 and a 90 that will be passed onto my son in a couple years.. 2-2.5 is right at the perfect size for the 50 to zip around the back yard. I grew up racing karts and started to break into the shifter kart racing when i entered college. BUT GIRLS put the karts to the back burner and i focused on boats and girls.

1977 14' CMF Skiff SOLD

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:53 am 

ric wrote:
When I had a workshop in the mid 2000's to work on my tuner cars my neighbor had a business tuning and building electric golf carts for retirement communities. I vividly remember clocking over 50mph on a GPS and doing wheelies in his electric creations.

that connection may be useful.

I like the torque potential of the ELECTRIC and programability via the aftermarket higher amperage controllers to regulate power up and power delivery for go go or manage it to a nice speed that extends the range efficiency...

1977 14' CMF Skiff SOLD

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:20 am 

He would run more amps, bigger wiring, bigger controllers, and machine the motors on a lathe and change the windings. The results were amazing.

Now a days you can buy modified motors which solves the hardest part. Here ya go:
http://www.plumquick.com/motors-and-acc ... -assassin/

2003 Chaparral 215 SSI - sold
2009 Stingray 195CS - sold
2000 Four Winns H180 - sold
1976 O'day Daysailer II - sold

Rick's Four Winns H180 Mods/Upgrade Thread

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:42 am 

ric wrote:
He would run more amps, bigger wiring, bigger controllers, and machine the motors on a lathe and change the windings. The results were amazing.

Now a days you can buy modified motors which solves the hardest part. Here ya go:
http://www.plumquick.com/motors-and-acc ... -assassin/

funny you link that site as a buddy has THE BANDIT in his. with a 400a controler and 22" tires and runs 20-21mph and can pop a wheelie (1-3" OFF THE GROUND) when the controller is maxing the ramp up. on 36v non PDS

1977 14' CMF Skiff SOLD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:05 am 

Here is our electric cart that we bought back in June and we have really been enjoying it. We keep it at our yacht club but it is street legal and I eventually want to get it registered because our club is surrounded by a state park and we could use it to explore the grounds. It gives the kids something to do when not boating.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:22 pm 

I got e freebie old model EZGO gas model, so I never had a choice to make. I have heard replacement batteries on electric model are high dollar but cost isn't concern for some. This oldie gas model flies and has power to spare.

If you have occasion to drive a lot, it only takes a minute to fill her up with gas. Not sure how long to charge bttry system, but pretty sure its longer than a minute. Plus when you have an 8th of a tank of fuel, you still got full power to go up that hill to get home. Not so sure how much power you got on electric when bttrys near empty on juice.

Plus some of the places we go...a gas can is easier to come by than a plug. Not to practical to use gas generator to get power to charge a bttry cart. Just depends on how you use it......but ponder this....if your cruising the hood in the souped up drill motor cart and run out of juice halfway home, do you push it home or get a mile of extension cord. On the gas model you get can of gas and keep rolling with instant full power.

08' H210SS
VP 5.7Gi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:32 pm 
Shark

TX H210SS wrote:
I got e freebie old model EZGO gas model, so I never had a choice to make. I have heard replacement batteries on electric model are high dollar but cost isn't concern for some. This oldie gas model flies and has power to spare.

If you have occasion to drive a lot, it only takes a minute to fill her up with gas. Not sure how long to charge bttry system, but pretty sure its longer than a minute. Plus when you have an 8th of a tank of fuel, you still got full power to go up that hill to get home. Not so sure how much power you got on electric when bttrys near empty on juice.

Plus some of the places we go...a gas can is easier to come by than a plug. Not to practical to use gas generator to get power to charge a bttry cart. Just depends on how you use it......but ponder this....if your cruising the hood in the souped up drill motor cart and run out of juice halfway home, do you push it home or get a mile of extension cord. On the gas model you get can of gas and keep rolling with instant full power.

I have to agree.
My parents had both at their camp and they got rid of the electric after 3 months.
Gas would be my preference unless I was just running around a marina all the time.

Doug

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:44 am 

TX H210SS wrote:

Batteries are expensive ($800 to $1000) but they will last 5 to 7 years if taken care of properly (my cart's batteries are 5 years old and work great). As for speed, my daughter used her phone GPS and tracked our cart's speed at 26 mph (street legal version).

TX H210SS wrote:

When my 15 year old daughter runs our cart's batteries down very low, the power is still good but it does take over-night to recharge them. However, gas powered anything stinks and is loud and as stated earlier in this thread, I don't want any of that after being on a boat all day. I find it very relaxing to grab a cold one and take a quiet cruise around the club grounds.

TX H210SS wrote:

Gas definitely wins hands down when it comes to convenience, tough terrain and distance.