www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:15 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I do realize that Four Winns prices have gone up more than a little in the past few years. But also the price of competitors have done the same. I bought my boat last year after doing some serious shopping. There is no such thing as a quality built inexpensive boat. Four Winns is very competitively priced. The price increases in the boating industry I am sure are due in large part to oil increases, health care increases, raw material increases, etc.

The economic health of Four Winns is valuable to all of us as boat owners. My dealer is a major reason that I stay with Four Winns. However, Four Winns has come to my aid numerous times over the past 20yrs that I have owned a boat. They have done the right thing for me on items outside of warrantee on many occasions. I started boating in a 1986 160 Freedom that I split the cost with my brother.

Boating should be recognized for what it is. It is an expensive hobby that should only be entered into at a level that can be afforded. It is a hobby that can be entered into at a reasonable cost with a used quality boat or millions can be spent. At every level it is a luxury item. It requires a certain amount of financial success to enter boating at every level. This is my 4th Four Winns and I shopped harder for this boat than the last 3 put together. Yes, we all want the best price on our boat purchase at every level. My next boat might be bigger or smaller depending upon my financial circumstances at that time. At whatever size, I want the best quality boat for the price.

I do believe that it is in our best interest as boaters to have a financially viable competitive boating industry. If it were possible to build a high quality boat at a significent price advantage and corner the boating market, someone would do it. The best we can hope for is high quality at a competitive price. This can only be achieved with a profitable competitive industry and the realization that boating is a luxury item that cannot be afforded by all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:35 pm 
230 Mike

BarryBoats wrote:
This can only be achieved with a profitable competitive industry and the realization that boating is a luxury item that cannot be afforded by all.

On that point, we agree.

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:32 pm 
All Night Long

Just noticed this.... boat show specials for 2008. No word on a price increase that I can tell.