www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:25 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Ok Cap'n here ya go..... :)

Thanks to everyone who had taken the time to post on this thread. We had an excellent vacation in Fort Myers and are considering returning again next year during Christmas season.

One of our favorite afternoons was taking our rented pontoon boat around Estero Island. We very much enjoyed the view of the island from the gulf side and had the pleasure of experiencing the dolphins on the intercostal water side. Was able to get some decent smartphone videos of the dolphins from the pontoon boat.

Our corner unit at SeaSide meet our expectations and provided excellent views from the balcony over the beach and gulf. We also saw a number of dolphins at different times from this balcony.

We did make it up to the roof top of the Lani Kai, but didn't eat out as much as we had thought since the SeaSide resort provided gas BBQ's on site (grocery store across the street) and we enjoyed BBQing and eating on our patio with the 4th floor view over the beach and water.

We used the rental car to visit Sanibel, North Captiva and the downtown Time Square area.

We had the bike rental place deliver us beach bikes and these bikes worked out to be a great way to explore the beach in both directions as well as checking out the various side streets and properties of Fort Myers.

The weather cooperated with most days being sunny with highs in the mid 80 F range. In contrast to now that we are back home our overnight low last night was only 5 degrees F.

All in all we had fun and my wife brought home about 6lbs of sea shells collected from the beach, so she is happy too.

- 2010 310 Mercury Inflatable

Previous Boats
- 30' Doral Prestancia
- 25' Doral Citation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:14 pm 
268 Vista

Thanks for the review. Glad you had fun. I suspect you saw some of this.

In front of Lana Kai, set anchor around noon, drink in bar for hours, come out and
find your boat high and dry. You have to wait for the tide to come in, makes for a VERY
long day/night on the boat. This was an expensive Cobalt to have grounded, but when I asked
the guy if he was worried about any damage, he said no, we do this all the time. :roll:

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:51 pm 

Cap'n Morgan wrote:
Thanks for the review. Glad you had fun. I suspect you saw some of this.

In front of Lana Kai, set anchor around noon, drink in bar for hours, come out and
find your boat high and dry. You have to wait for the tide to come in, makes for a VERY
long day/night on the boat. This was an expensive Cobalt to have grounded, but when I asked
the guy if he was worried about any damage, he said no, we do this all the time. :roll:

We did "google" the tide tables for that area almost daily to find the low tide times for my wife's sea shell beach exploring adventures. I didn't personally notice any boats caught off guard at low tide, but I did have a discussion with the boat rental dude who mentioned it's not uncommon for the folks renting their boats to sometimes get caught at low tide and require assistance to get pulled off and sometimes the rental boat stays grounded over night (at renters expense) before the rental boat can get free. I'll try and post a couple pics from a top the Lana Kai sometime in the next day or two.

Previous Boats
- 30' Doral Prestancia
- 25' Doral Citation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:26 pm 

Here are two pics taken from atop the Lani Kai in Fort Myers during our vacation last week.

Previous Boats
- 30' Doral Prestancia
- 25' Doral Citation