www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NY Boat Show
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:53 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Has anyone been to the New York Boat show ? Seen anything Interesting ?

I am going this weekend.

Post subject: Re: NY Boat Show
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:22 pm 
Sierra

I only had enough time last night before they closed to hang out at FW and spend time with the 358 (just can't get enough while I wait and wait - more pix coming soon to the 358 thread). The 310 is an awesome bowrider - really cool. I did have to walk by the Cruisers 330 (which I was considering) and while it's also a nice boat, seeing it again confirmed that I made the right choice. It was typically slow for a weeknight, but you couldn't help but feel the "slowness" of the industry and with crude hitting $1/barrel today it doesn't bode well for the coming year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:29 pm 
Andiamo

The NY Show was pretty good. We went with a crowd from our marina (6 couples). Between us, we have 1 - 4Winns Owner (YOurs truly), 2 Sea Ray Owners, and 2 Silverton owners.

OF course we had to go look at them all!

The most sensational boat of the day that we saw was the new line of Silverton's called the Ovation! IT was 52' and is an "Upscale" offering for Silverton!! It had 3 engines with IPS drives!! Price tag was $1.5Million!!!! What a Boat!!

As far as the Sea Ray goes, we really liked the newly designed 330 Sundancer!! Some very cool features, and with twin 8.1 Volvo I/B's, Raymarine C80 Radar, GPS, Chartplotter, 2 Flat screen/DVD combo's, a really cool fold out seat at the swim platform, and a centerline queen berth in the master stateroom with a remote control to crunch the bed up and raise the back for reading, or lower it flat for sleeping, full canvas, A/C w/ reverse cycle heat, full canvas etc, etc, priced at $229K!!!

On the Four Winns side, there was a very good representation of boats, with G&R bringing out quite a few models to see, and then a bunch more from a couple of other 4winns dealers! We got to see our buddy, Bryan, who is always a pleasure to talk to, and can talk boats all day long! I still like the 318Vista a lot, but my buddies, (Including my wife...Ahh there's hope) really liked the V338 and the V358!!

All in All, New Years Day turned out to be a good day to go, as it was not all that crowded, and we had a great time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:25 am 
AGE < LOA

So no 458 making a presence, huh? :cry: How many total 318's are on display? Hope to head up tomorrow!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:27 pm 
Sierra

mkivbren wrote:
So no 458 making a presence, huh? :cry: How many total 318's are on display?

Only one of each model they brought - different dealers bring different boats from their inventory. From what I understand, no 458's have made it to the Northeast yet, but I'm guessing one will be at the Miami show. I also hear they continue to tweak the design as they start to sell em'. It was my first time on a 378. Didn't love it, particularly in contrast to the styling/ergonomics of the 358. As it's an old design it is likely to be phased out after this year - I'm hearing it will be replaced by a 400.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:16 pm 
AGE < LOA

Gents-
What do you recommend as far as transportation to the show? Did you drive and park or take public transportation? I'll be coming up from MD. My initial plan was to pick up the train in Princeton NJ and take that into Penn Station and hop on the shuttle from there. But there isn't any trains returning in the evening. Should I just drive in? I see they have some reserved parking lots.. Any advice would be appreciated, I've only been to NYC once before and that was for a bachelor party so I didn't get to know the city very well.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:32 am 
Sierra

If you do take the train it's a quick cab ride right to the Javitz Center - I would do that over the shuttle. Driving is easy too as it's close to the Lincoln Tunnel and there are parking lots right in the area. Traffic has been real light this week - I would expect the drive to be pretty easy tomorrow. Looking forward to your report!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:54 pm 
email admin your custom rank

We went to the show on Saturday with 2 other couples from our marina. We had a great time. It was really nice to go this year without the presssure of buying a boat and deciding upon options. We visited alot of boats and saw some really nice boats and some really poorly designed boats. The new SeaRay 52 was designed with a very poor use of space for alot of money. I really liked the Sabre trawler. It seemed to be exceedingly well designed. (and it smelled like wood inside instead of fibergass)

Spent some time in the Four Winns display. The wife was very upset that the new V458 was not there. The NY show is the premier show in the country that kicks off the winter boat show season and it really should have been there. I spent some time going thru the 318, 358, and the 378. The 318 and 358 ( and my 338) are really the best boats in the line. I did not like the new dash in the 378 or the very tight squeeze between the helm seats. The wife was not very impressed with the design of the 378 cabin. The dash on the 318-358 boats is clean, well-designed, and the best looking of any at the show. The cabin, now that we have used it for the summer, is really tremendously designed. After seeing almost every boat at the show, I am more convinced than ever how much I really like my boat.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:41 am 
Andiamo

BarryBoats wrote:
We went to the show on Saturday. The 318 and 358 ( and my 338) are really the best boats in the line. I did not like the new dash in the 378 or the very tight squeeze between the helm seats. The wife was not very impressed with the design of the 378 cabin. The dash on the 318-358 boats is clean, well-designed, and the best looking of any at the show. The cabin, now that we have used it for the summer, is really tremendously designed. After seeing almost every boat at the show, I am more convinced than ever how much I really like my boat.

Amen to that! I still love the 318, but my wife really liked the 338 and 358's! We also were not crazy about the 378! Bryan reminded me that 4 years ago, I came to the show to buy the 248Vista, and it was my wife who convinced me to buy the 268Vista! I had conveniently forgotten that! So even though I now have my sights set on a 318V, maybe the Admiral will convince me to go bigger! Not a bad position to be in at all!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:03 am 
AGE < LOA

So.. did you guys all fill out the raffle tix for the FW inflatable? Were they drawling a winner daily or accumulating them over the course of the show and pulling 1 winner?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:27 am 
Andiamo

Yes we did fill out the raffle ticket. I don;t know when the drawing was? I guess I did not win! :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:21 pm 
Shark

I bought the 358 at the show and got them to throwin the raft for free!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:41 am 
Andiamo

rberm, Congratulations!!!! That's Great!