www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:40 pm 
Guppy

My family is looking into buying a new Four winns H190 after our 1986 four winns was destroyed in a storm last summer. The only issue we have with the new models is the fact that the gas cap is on the side of the boat like a car, not like how the old models were it was on the top near the side of the boat, and that it opens straight up and not to the side or down. This makes its difficult filling up the tank, as our boat is left on a lift during the summer months and our dock is along the side of the boat the gas cap is not. Also looking at the issue of filling up at the marina, as the water level is usually lower then the concrete. So if anyone has had any luck or suggestions in this area, any help would be appreciated. I have bought a funnel that is flexible and can bend to roughly 90 degrees, but the top/funnel part seems to small and would take a while to fill the tank. Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:47 am 
Seahorse

It is a tad awkward. Depending on the dock height the cap is definitely low and somewhat difficult to access. That and the cap is on the port side, so you are docking cross cockpit at the marina. Not necessarily a showstopper for me as mine is trailer ed and we fill up at the gas station before every launch.