www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:57 pm 
Minnow

These being sister companies now, would you call a Glastron a stripped-down Four Winns? Is a Four Winns a Glastron with more padding?

In the 18'-24' boats there is great visual similarity in the hulls between the two lines- but are they constructed the same with the same materials? It just seems like Four Winns includes swim platform lengths automatically in size measurements, while Glastron breaks it our separately.

I am just curious as they all seem like nice boats, but Glastron is significantly less $$ per foot of length.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:14 am 
Seahorse

Comparing the Horizon 180 and the GT185, the options and specs are virtually the same short of a few unique options on the FW (such as rearward transom seats).
The MSRP is within 1K of each other.

Once you get into the bigger models, the obvious delta is the power options. For example, H210 vs the GT207, you're looking at Merc/Volvo vs Rotax.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:41 am 
email admin your custom rank

I would guess they are very similar as far as the hull is concerned. The top side is probably different and options and hardware are probably different.
I had a 2009 glastron ssv170 and it looked almost identical to the four winns 17'(dont remember the model) I see at our marina. the four winns was older and looked higher quality as far as fit and finish.
I gotta say I would not go backwards to a glastron. that boat was low low end... i know it was the bottom model but I bought it new and it developed gel coat cracks on the upper hull. dealer tried to fix it but they ended up cracking again. I also found screws coming out all over the place and the carpet was CHEAP!
The VEC hull was fantastic for that size boat. Very soft ride from the deep V and pretty fast with the 70hp 2 stroke. Jumped on plane..
I really miss that boat because it was fun to drive compared to the cruiser but it was going to cause frustration from the lack of quality.
This was also when they were owned by Genmar so everything probably changed now...