www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:15 pm 
Guppy

I am new to the forum and welcome the opportunity to share with all on the Four Winns experience. If this has been answered I apologize. I have a 2007 358 Vista and I am have the red lights on the panel light up red and rotate off and on only when I unplug the shore power. When the shore power is on I am green. I have composite drives if that makes any difference. Does someone have any idea why this is happening and where I need to start looking? Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:23 am 
email admin your custom rank

Sound like a bad connection in the tower.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:16 pm 
Guppy

Hi paul --Thanks for reply------Tower meaning overhead the Helm with Nav units etc? Just connections ?? ----or are you talking about the Panel inside where the lights are on red?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:04 pm 
Goldfish

It's normal. I think blinking is a good thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:51 pm 
Clownfish

I had the same issue and replaced the anode on the stern. External below the water line. I boat in fresh water and the zinc (stock) is not the correct material. I purchased and installed a magnesium anode. Solved the blinking lights in main panel.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:29 am 
Guppy

FireCapt6 wrote:
I had the same issue and replaced the anode on the stern. External below the water line. I boat in fresh water and the zinc (stock) is not the correct material. I purchased and installed a magnesium anode. Solved the blinking lights in main panel.
--- I have two sets of lights and the ones on the the right are the ones that turn red and start blinking when I go off shore power--- so you think it could be the anodes? I am in fresh water lake---- came up from Brackish water but was told whatever I had was good and was for over a year--

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:31 am 
Clownfish

See this web site and it will explain the fresh water anode. http://www.martyranodes.com/content/mar ... es/Mag.php

I replaced the large stern anode and the shaft anodes (inboards)
I just double checked and my galvanic isolator lights stay green when connected to shore power and when running on battery power. They used to blink red or fault. Cheap fix to protect metal parts from corrosion.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:58 pm 
Guppy

cliff dean wrote:
FireCapt6 wrote:
--- I have two sets of lights and the ones on the the right are the ones that turn red and start blinking when I go off shore power--- so you think it could be the anodes? I am in fresh water lake---- came up from Brackish water but was told whatever I had was good and was for over a year--

This sounds good and I will try replacing with Magnesium and see if that works --- Thank you to all who replied -- I like this site:-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:59 pm 
Guppy

FireCapt6 wrote:
See this web site and it will explain the fresh water anode. http://www.martyranodes.com/content/mar ... es/Mag.php

I replaced the large stern anode and the shaft anodes (inboards)
I just double checked and my galvanic isolator lights stay green when connected to shore power and when running on battery power. They used to blink red or fault. Cheap fix to protect metal parts from corrosion.

Very helpful thank you--

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:45 pm 
email admin your custom rank

cliff dean wrote:
Hi paul --Thanks for reply------Tower meaning overhead the Helm with Nav units etc? Just connections ?? ----or are you talking about the Panel inside where the lights are on red?

In the power station.