www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TS series boats
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:35 pm 
Shark

Thinking about trading my 08 h220 frenzy edition in for a TS 242. Does any one have any first hand experience with the tow series boats. Good or bad. I'm trying to do some research before I really start searching for one. Any help would be great. Thanks

Post subject: Re: TS series boats
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:31 am 
Shark

Anyone heard of any negative reviews of the new Volvo drive.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:41 am 
268 Vista

Really too new to get much feedback. Local dealer says his kids love it for wakesurfing. He says he is not as happy
with other "normal" bowrider characteristics. Plus worries of grounding that drive are a big concern.

If you are 100% addicted to waklesurfing, then it may work for you. If I was that into watersports, I would go with a
Bryant 233X for maximum versatility.

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:32 pm 
Shark

Cap'n Morgan wrote:
Really too new to get much feedback. Local dealer says his kids love it for wakesurfing. He says he is not as happy
with other "normal" bowrider characteristics. Plus worries of grounding that drive are a big concern.

If you are 100% addicted to waklesurfing, then it may work for you. If I was that into watersports, I would go with a
Bryant 233X for maximum versatility.

Thanks cap'n not really set on a TS series, or wakesurfing. I am looking to get something a little bigger 24 or so with a head. Boss says next one needs to have one. I was intrigued by the concept. Most of my boating days are spent pulling the kids on the tube and wakeboard.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:00 pm 
Shark

So I was just looking at the Bryant 233x in the link you posted. It has the same Volvo forward drive. What do you think makes it more versatile? I'm asking to get as much info as possible. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:14 am 
268 Vista

Well, I considered a V-hull as more versatile than the TS's pickle fork type. But for lake boating , and watersports, both are probably adequate. The sport porch on the Bryant is a unique feature for sure.

Maybe take a look at the Pavati AL-24, if you like a conventional, inboard powered watersports boat. All aluminum hull is sweet.
Very nicely done, as it should be for about a quarter of a million dollars. Likely your wife will not approve, as this has no head either. :wink:
Pretty cool promo video IMO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl1BUL4lxO0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:29 pm 
email admin your custom rank

All the reviews I have read on the TS show the V drive as slight winner in wake quality. The TS had overall low and high end speed edge. The wetsacks in true wake boats seem more durable while the TS wetsacks look like more of afterthought, but work ok. I own neither but will say either the TS or true wakeboat are for the serious wake boarder or surfer.

I would soul search your most frequent use for boat and fit that use. You can sure get all sorts of nice boats for the price of the TS or wakeboat.

Not many reviews out there and not sure of how big a market there has been on the TS, which would make me pause. Hate to pay that money for a boat they decide to drop from the line. Not saying that will happen as big bucks went into the design.

I would worry about hitting shallow bottom with either the v drive or front prop drive. It sure seems to me that rolling into shallow water and doing the quick tilt would cause those front props to drop before they raise, but that's based on pics I've seen. The front props also sure seem low on the trailer when full tilt.

I thought would be if your kiddos are young then I would use current frenzy or similar boat to let them learn the wakeboard....then if you are in a serious boarder situation the bigger verdict may be in to help guide ya.

I will add that I was anxious to see the unveiling of the TS and was hoping to see a V Drive...was left wondering if they over thought it coming up with something different...or...if it was a great idea. Guess jury still out in my mind but I haven't been on one or even seen one on water.

08' H210SS
VP 5.7Gi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:31 pm 
Shark

Thanks guys for your insight. you bring up some pretty good points. Thinking I will have to do some research over the winter. I'll keep enjoying mine for now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:32 am 

Its the same hull as the SL series....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:29 am 
268 Vista

blue dragon wrote:
Its the same hull as the SL series....

yep, as you noted in this rather interesting post from 2015...... :D

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13775

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:25 pm 

I have no idea of the age of your kiddos, but I wouldn't want mine on aboard right behind the boat......forward props or inboard. Too many bad things go thru my mind. You may want to try putting a wetsack in ski locker and see how that affects the 220 wake you have....maybe good for wakeboard the old fashioned way....with a tow rope

08' H210SS
VP 5.7Gi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:57 pm 
Shark

Well my kids are 7 and 8. They are happy with just tubing for now. I do the wake boarding but surfing looks like it might be fun to try.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:12 pm 

Gotchya...great age for fun with kiddos and enjoy. I soon resigned to boat pilot only after enjoying the knee boarding. The core of engineers sent nice letter asking I stay off towable to prevent shore erosion due to my fatass status.

Funny, my boy loved the skis at age 5, then went to knee board and then wakeboard....is very good at all of them, but now prefers the tube or same kid knee board he used when little....hes now 19

He and buds may hit the wakeboard once a out now. My brother at 59 decided to set lake ski speed record few months back.....his ribs are all healed up now.

08' H210SS
VP 5.7Gi