www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:16 am 
Goldfish

looking to move up from my 1986 250 Sea Ray Sundancer. Really like the Vista 288 and 298 circa 2001ish. was at the marina today and realized there is a 2007 288 there. guy invited me on and told me to check it out. really liked it. had my wife come over and check it out too and she agreed. i'm trying to stay under about $40k so probably looking at about a 2000 or so. had a few guys today tell me to stay away from a generator on that size boat with twins. too cramped in the engine bay. not sure we would ever use a gennie but maybe once or twice a year and even then could do without. seems about all the vista 288's and 298's have them? are they standard on that boat or is it just the small sample size that i have seen all had them?

what is a reasonable price range for a 2000ish 288 in the Pittsburgh area? i know there are a ton of variables but would it be reasonable to find one for $30k-40k? i did find a 2004 288 for $48k at a local Sea Ray dealer but i think it is privately owned that they are selling for him. it doesn't mention a gennie though so not sure if it has one.

thoughts? advice?

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:33 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I have a 2000 298 Vista and it has a generator that I use often and would never buy a cruiser w/o one. I took the sound shield off because it does get hot down there with the twins.