www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Waterline Stain Removal
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:39 am 
Minnow

My boat slip is in a river fed with cedar water and of course I am plagued by the brown waterline stain. I use FSR and a scrubber to get the stain off every couple of weeks or so when I get my boat to a shallow area where I can get at the stain from in the water.

2 questions. First, I imagine that the FSR strips the wax and since the wax acts as sort of deterrent to the stain build up, I should reapply wax to the affected areas. Can I do that from in the water? If I can,should I use the soft scrub cleanser which I am told is much more effective at removing the stain but I have avoided using do to my perception that it was more abrasive.

Second, any recommendations to deal with the waterline staining? Perhaps something that makes the boat more resistent to the staining. I thought about raising the paint line but the 298 vista's lines don't accommodate a paint line any higher than the existing line. I am OK with using a soft scrub and reapplying some wax in the area of that works while in the water.

Your suggestions are appreciated.