www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NY Boat Show Bummer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:10 pm 
Sierra

:cry: Four Winns will not be exhibiting at the NY Boat Show this year :cry:

The move to mid-December was supposed to be a good thing. Attendance has been hurt in the past by the New Year's week shows. But among the problems of moving to the height of the holiday season in New York City is the hyper-inflated hotel room rates. Exhibitors already faced with an expensive show during a hurting economy have to deal with multiple-night stays at rates that can be more than 100% higher in mid-December, even with their preferred rates. Apparently, a lot of exhibitors have pulled out for this reason and given the state of things, it's hard to blame them.

There will reportedly be a Cobalt dealer showing four Four Winns models in the low twenty foot range, but that's it. Obviously, no V408. There goes any shot at my upgrade...

Post subject: Re: NY Boat Show Bummer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:30 pm 
All Night Long

The Seattle boat show is in Janary, and since there is no local Four Winns dealer, I'd be surprised to see much repsentation of FW at the boat show here.

Sierra - if you spent some dollars to travel and see the 408... I bet any dealer (or FW for that matter), would re-imburse your travel expenses if you actually bought one.

:D

Upgrade away!!! Something tells me that none of us could actually be "disappointed" with that boat. It looks INCREDIBLE. Some nit-picks - sure... but a first year run of these boats will probably be 15-20% less than next year - look how they raised prices on the 262 a bit more than the other boats this year. First year boat, great price - gives Four Winns marketing and a jumpstart.

Do it! go get one! Heck, I'll fly out and help you learn how to captain it!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:01 pm 
Sting Ray

There is only one Four Winns dealer left in our area and the owner told me that its gonna cost 100K to display at the upcoming AC boat show. Thats alot of boats to sell to make that up but if they don't take the spot then a competitor will.

http://community.webshots.com/user/Buzzcut39

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:36 pm 
AGE < LOA

Well that's certainly disappointing :( ! I was hoping they would move it to late January this year. So it sounds like there will be zero Vista's this year!? Wow. I was going to go no matter what if the 408 was going to make an appearance.