www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A few of the projects
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:00 pm 
email admin your custom rank

The first thing that I realized is to do as many of the projects I could at the same time. I didnt want to have to take the boat apart 10 times. Some of the projects were an ac/ heat install, tab mounted underwater lights, led light strip under platform and a new galley faucet.
On the ac/heat I choose to go with a company called Oceanbreeze. They are in Florida and were very pleasant to deal with. They shipped the un I will do my best to describe what I installed, how I installed it and where I got it from. I only have a few pictures and the boat is wrapped p for the winter so I will not be able to get any more pictures till it warms up. it complete with just about everything I needed for the install. I choose a 7000 btu unit with electric heat. It was a small unit so I could mount it in the factory location only altering it a little.
I had to basically strip the aftcabin of the boat. The hardest part was removing the cabinet from there. There were a few brackets holding it in place, but it was a very snug fit. It took a lot of finesse and wiggly to get it out of there. I had to remove the aft upper section of the cabin wall and the headliner as well.

After figuring out the orientation of how I was going to install the unit so that it would be as easy as possible I started with running the duct work to the forward cabin area. I put the discharge vent under the electric panel where the factory one would be. I used the 4" supplied openings.

The I removed the microwave. There are I think there were two bolts on top of the cabinet above the unit. Loosen those bolts and out with the microwave. Then I marked and cut the hole for the digital and programmable thermostat that came with the unit. I put the thermostat away from the vent. Normally I think they mount it right by the vent. I ran the wire to the thermostat by fishing it behind the electric panel. I also had that removed as well as the stereo.

Next I had to mount the circulation pump, cut the hole for the intake and the discharge. There are blocks glassed in in the engine room already. I mounted the pump to the forward block and drilled the hole for the intake in the other block. I installed what is know as a South shore stainer on the out hull side due to the clogging weeds we have up here in NE.

Next was to run the hose from the intake to the strainer, to the pump and the into the aftcabin. I used the opening behind the batteries where the rest of the wires and everything enter. Make sure to seal it up good when done. Then it was just a matter of hooking up the supply line to the unit followed by the discharge. I did change the discharge thru hull to a stainless one to match the rest.

Finally I had to hook up the electric. The panel already has a spot for the breaker. All I had to do was hunt down a power pole, connect the wires to the unit and to the power pole and the plug it in.

Of course I may be forgetting a few small things, as it was almost a year ago, but that was it in a nut shell. I would say that this was the hardest of the projects that I have done. I am pretty mechanical, and have some patience. It took about two full weekends to complete and cost about 1300.00 all said and done. The hardest part was doing the drilling in the boat. That was my first time, but after you do it once, the rest are easy.