www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Any 298 owners?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:26 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Looking at a leftover 05 298( Long story about that) . It has 5.0GXiand just about everything else accept genny. It has 0 hours and Four Winns is throwing in the 2+4 warrenty. Dealer says that Four Winns owns it and wants 89k. Has anyone had any problems with 298?
Brian :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:39 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Sorry I probably should have posted this in the Vista section.

Post subject: 298 Vista
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:11 am 
Minnow

I have a 2005 298 Vista. Great Boat, great ride and layout. I have the twin 5.7 with OceanSeries outdrives and the generator was included. I paid around $ 130k+ as a boat show special. 89k seems like a very good deal. While my boat is fully loaded and has some additional extras, I would look for around $ 105+ if I were to sell and I have 200 hours on the boat.

Biggest issues with the boat are

1. Inconvenient engine access
2. Reported wet ride under certain wind and chop conditions--After having been in many cruisers this size under similar conditions-this reported issue is way overblown as under certain conditions, virtually all cruisers this size can experience a wet ride.

Good luck and enjoy.

Post subject: Re: 298 Vista
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:52 am 
Starfish

I agree with Hey Boo Boo. I have a 2005 298 that I paid 120000 for. Has all the options. We were riding alongside of a 27 foot bayliner on the bay on a windy choppy day. He was getting just as wet of a ride as I was. There have been only 2 days out of this season where the we gOT fairly wet. The advice I got from another owner was just to slow it down and put the trim tabs down and this helped the situation. Love the boat. Handles great. If you can get it for 89000 you better jump on it. Nada book says 125000 for a 2005 used the last time I checked. That is with generator. This is the only Four Winns that I know of that has the extra table in the cockpit. It really comes in handy when you have a lot of guests.

Hey Boo Boo wrote:
I have a 2005 298 Vista. Great Boat, great ride and layout. I have the twin 5.7 with OceanSeries outdrives and the generator was included. I paid around $ 130k+ as a boat show special. 89k seems like a very good deal. While my boat is fully loaded and has some additional extras, I would look for around $ 105+ if I were to sell and I have 200 hours on the boat.

Biggest issues with the boat are

1. Inconvenient engine access
2. Reported wet ride under certain wind and chop conditions--After having been in many cruisers this size under similar conditions-this reported issue is way overblown as under certain conditions, virtually all cruisers this size can experience a wet ride.

Good luck and enjoy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:27 pm 
Minnow

I just bought my 05- 298.
It has the 5.0 XDP drives.
It was 2 months old and 45 hours on it when the guy traded in for a bigger boat. It has freshwater cooled, generator, and full warranty. I paid $91,000 for mine.

The generator will cost you about $8,000. It sounds like a great deal.

Good luck!
Fins