www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 20 Hour
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:46 pm 
Minnow

Well it is getting to be about time for my 20 hour. I am surprised at how many times we have been out for only having 20 hours. I guess a lot of the time is spent floating or tied up listening to tunes etc. Just a few observations of things that I am planning to have the dealer fix during the 20 hour but wanted to share and also see if anyone has had similar problems, comments, etc.

Engine hatch shifted forward and doesn't open and close properly because it his the frame at the latch.

Seats won't lock so they constantly swivel, these seems to be a common problem with the 2006's.

Stereo only plays on one side of boat while using the Ipod connection.

Rubber stopper at the fold open window does not keep the fold open from resting on the wake tower, (which is very curious because it was before), but now is resting on the wake tower and leaving a rub mark.

Several of the screws holding in the snap in carpet and storage hatch snaps have pulled the screw completely out of the fiberglass rather than unsnapping.

The screw holding the latch on the bow/cockpit doors consistently comes loose.

I don't think that any of these things are major, except for maybe the engine hatch shifting, and I am sure that my dealer will fix everything to my satisfaction, they have been really great on everything else, even when it was my screw up. But I was curious which of these and/or any other problems anyone has had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:04 pm 
Mental Floss

Screws coming loose on a boat always seem to happen. The screws in the snaps really should be bedded IMHO with a touch of 4200. This will seal the threads not allowing water and keep them in place. As to the snaps, lube them. They are easier and won't corrode. Thre is a teflon lube for snaps and zippers. I've also given mine a squirt od Boshield T-9

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:39 pm 
ShanMan

When you say you're suprised at how many times you've been out for only 20 hours... how many times have you been out?

We've gone out four times = 10 hours.

BTW, I've got a laundry list of items to address at my 20 hour, not the least of which is redoing the entire gelcoat stripe above the bumper rail. Everything else is actually minor - and my seats lock just fine. :?

http://vista278.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:08 pm 

sd1856...you should add the boat model you have to your profile signature so we know what boat you are referring to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:49 pm 
Minnow

Sorry I thought I had the boat model there. It is a 2006 FW Horizon 220 with the 350Mag EFI and a Bravo 1 outdrive. We have had it out probably about 6 or 7 times for about 18 hours so far. The boat doesn't have a gelcoat stripe we went for the all white with the boot stripe, which is just a sticker.