www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Screwed by dealer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:59 pm 
email admin your custom rank

HI everyone
I bought my 248 this past January and love it. What I do not love is the dealer I purchased it from. I bought it at Mellen (Halvorsen) Marine in CT. After getting it home and using the boat for a few months I decided to use my chart plotter. Guess what no chip installed. So I could figure out where I was but no charts. Screwed out of that 200.00. Wait it gets better. I found out that he closed and moved to Florida. Well the extended warrenty I bought is not active nor can it be activated because I am not the origonal owner. So I am out my Navionics chip but worse the money I spent on a no good warrenty that I dont have and apparently never could have. Isnt that awsome.
Brian :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:22 pm 
Goldfish

Hi there, sorry to hear about the problems you encountered. Just a suggestion and perhaps you have already contacted them, but I would call Four Winns in Michigan and speak with Customer Service. They may be in a position to assist you, I wouldn't think they would want to have a dark cloud casted over them due to a dealer messing up.

It's worth a go, if you haven't already spoken with them

925 Frisbie Street
Cadillac, MI 49601
1-231-775-1351

Just a Thought

Bruce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:28 pm 

Tried that. They said tooooooooo bad. But offered to put me in touch with Volvo to try purchase a warrenty.
Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:03 pm 
Goldfish

Ouch !!!, I thought they may be a little more sympathetic towards the situation. Hopefully, Four Winns has "labled" that dealer and won't deal with them any more. Other than perhaps sending an e-mail to someone up the corporate ladder expressing your disappointment in such a reputable company etc etc, I don't know what else to suggest.

Keep smiling Brian !, sounds like you are enjoying your boat even with these snags you encountered.

Take Care

Bruce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:01 pm 
Sting Ray

I purchased my boat through a broker two months ago. The original owner purchased the boat from Mellen Marine. Before I bought the boat I researched the Four Winns website to ensure I could transfer the warranty. The conditions were I had to submit the transfer form, copy of the bill of sale, and a hundred bucks with in 15 days of purchase. The Volvo Penta extended protection plan had the same requirement except they allowed 30 days. Sounds strict to me, but both items transferred without issues. Buying the boat used from the dealer I would have expected them to transfer the warranty for you or at the least make you aware of the process. I know the warranty can only be transferred once. If you are the second owner I'm surprised they don't want to extend the terms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:29 pm 

I contacted Four Winns and they think the origonal owner still owns it. I was told by the dealer they were going to handle it as part of the deal. My bad for not babysitting them. I guess you can not trust anyone anymore. How sad is this world?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:34 am 
Mental Floss

Is there any line item for the fee in the sales papers you received from the dealer? If they charged you at closing for the transfer and it was never done, with that proof, perhaps FW will do it for you? Just a thought.

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"