www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Four Winns Advertising
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:23 pm 
Seahorse

I purchased a 2006 FW 240H from the same dealer I purchased my car. Seems funny, but I have a normal car. I had always admired the dealers customer service and therefore had confidence in the products they sold. When it came time to buy a boat, I shopped around for a 24 footish bow riders with a potty; Sea Ray, Crownline and Four Winns. I liked the deck layout of the 240H the most and being a brand sold by my favorite car dealer, I bought it. This was August of 2006; kept the boat in the water through the middle of November 2003 loving every weekend. I have been reading publications like "Motor Boating", "Boating Life" and the like and do not see alot Four Winns advertising. I did see Four Winns well represented at the Atlantic City Boat Show. From my limted boat enthusiast reading experience, I wonder why this great boat/brand is not better represented in publication.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:46 am 
230 Mike

Dunno, but I like your taste in boats :)

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:35 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I kinda wondered the same thing. With such a quality boat, why is it not more popular than it is? Even in Michigan, the brand has seemed to have lost some of its popularity. I LOVE my Four winns and would be hard pressed to purchase anything else (that is of course unless I hit the Powerball and could afford the 10 million dollar yacht I have been eyeing.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:14 pm 
2007 200 Horiz

I would agree with everyone. I wouldn't have even looked at FourWinns, which I am very glad I did, if it wasn't due to a friend owning one.

On the other hand, I believe in work of mouth just as strong as or some times even stronger than ads. I bought a FourWinns because this friend talked them up so highly...I don't think I would have believed an ad saying the same thing.

Just another point of view I guess. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:12 pm 
Seahorse

Thanks. I agree with the word of mouth or previous experience advertising. I guess I got lucky with my car dealer. I have had luck with both purchases the older being 11 years and great. The Four Winns purchase is for fun and not necessity. I hope the "investment" pays off in great and indescrible times on the bay and beyond. Geeez, I think I could wrie a commercial.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:06 pm 
wkearney99

We bought out 348 Vista because my wife mentioned our interest in buying a boat to someone else with a Four Winns. Word of mouth is pretty compelling. When we did a direct comparison of a 348 against a SeaRay 340DA (and a 320DA) it was a slam-dunk in favor of the Four Winns. Layout was more attractive, fit-and-finish was equal. That and the wife greatly dislike the fixed forward-facing port side seat at the helm. That lounger really wins points.

The *only* place I've seen a difference was behind the helm panel. A friend has a 380DA and when I helped him replace his GPS I noticed what an excellent job SeaRay had done wiring up the console. His SR was a couple of years old so it wasn't a direct comparison, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. The FW used the same style of connectors and wire but didn't do as nice a job lashing it all down. Now THAT'S nitpicking. Otherwise I really could find no reason to pay the $60k price premium SeaRay gouges for the same size/power boat. There might be some used price difference down the line but not enough for me to care about.

Meanwhile I've got gas for 'free' for probably the first three seasons given the money we saved buying the FW.