www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:32 am 
wkearney99

Anyone have strong preferences toward a bottom paint suitable for a 348 Vista kept in the water here on the Chesapeake? Ours needs repainting and I'd like to get something that'll help avoid the 'beard' growth that required it to be cleaned twice last season. And if not a preference for, any ones that should be avoided here in they Bay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:04 am 
Andiamo

wk, I did not want to respond originally, because I do not know if your specific conditions would have a different result, but I am in the Hudson River in NY and I use Interlux ACT with Iragol and I am very satisfied with the results. This past November, when my 268Vista was hauled, I was amazed how clean the bottom was. In fact, many of the other boat owners who were scraping and cleaning their bottoms, came over and wanted to know what paint I used. IT is an ablative paint and is purported to combat slime, which it did in fact do! It was very easy to apply, and after 1 season from 4/15 to 11/1 with approx 100 hours of usage, looks so good it does not even look like it needs to be repainted. I will definitely give it a fresh coat, in about a month or so from now! I just noticed it advertised in the West MArine flyer that I got in the mail this weekend for $129/Gall! Hope this helps. Good Luck!