www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:01 pm 
Guppy

I caught a severe case of fivefootitis in just one season and have found the cure with the 318 Vista.

We have our deposit down and plan on sea trialing in a couple weeks. I am coming in to my sophmore season and remain a bit "green" and hope to enlist the help of some of you here on the following.

It is a new boat, is there anything that I should pay particular attention to at sea trial?

Also, it is true the the Neutra-Salt system does not require fresh water flushing? We do slip and boat in salt water. I assume I will need to recharge the system on occasion. How many times can it be used before recharge and what is the name of the solution used to recharge, cost, etc.

Many thanks,
n2thewater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:03 pm 
Starfish

n2thewater wrote:
I caught a severe case of fivefootitis in just one season and have found the cure with the 318 Vista.

We have our deposit down and plan on sea trialing in a couple weeks. I am coming in to my sophmore season and remain a bit "green" and hope to enlist the help of some of you here on the following.

It is a new boat, is there anything that I should pay particular attention to at sea trial?

Also, it is true the the Neutra-Salt system does not require fresh water flushing? We do slip and boat in salt water. I assume I will need to recharge the system on occasion. How many times can it be used before recharge and what is the name of the solution used to recharge, cost, etc.

Many thanks,
n2thewater

Which dealer are you buying it from ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:30 pm 
Mental Floss

The neutra-Salt system injects a chemical that "neutralizes" the salt into the raw water stream entering the cooling system. You press the switch for about 45 seconds just before you shut the motors off. I believe you get about 10- 15 "flushes" out of a fill up. There is about a 2 quart bottle that you will have to keep filled up. If memory servers the chemical is about $30/gal.

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"