www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:41 am 
email admin your custom rank

Obie wrote:
The plastic covers for the air intakes on the hull were secured by cheap nuts and star washers. These get loose over time and there is no way to get in there to retighten them. I lost an intake cover while boating I now have the replacement cover ($75.00) for the air intake. To install this simple part I am looking for a someone about 8 years old that can fit into the engine compartment and reach above the water tank to put the new part on. Four good self-locking nuts costing about $0.10 each would have avoided a lot of frustration.

Same issue with mine (a 2004 245), plus I wanted to remove them so I could attach the screens below them to the hull, they were screwed into nothing ( holes too big). I cut an access holes in each of the vertical flat panels and fitted white 8" or 10" circular inspection hatches. Looks neat, access to those nuts and also to the rear of the cleats is now easy. In fact, those plastic covers are the ones I mentioned earlier that had their seals inboard of the mounting holes ! I also had to rebond the studs to the covers as the original bond was very weak ( gel coat was unabraded).

Graham

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:50 am 

I dont like the fact that it sits in my driveway from nov 1st till the end of March. I may
have to buy a bigger boat and keep it in a warmer climate to eliminate this "problem". :mrgreen:

1997 Horizon QXsold
2000 248 Vistasold
2002 Key West 2020WA sold

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:36 am 
I dislike very little. But do wish that there was a little more room to push the seat back in the 2008 H240. The sink makes it too cramped to stand up straight while driving. I often prefer to stand, and can't... Even when the steering wheel is tilted nearly verticle.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:15 pm 

SMLBound wrote:
I dislike very little. But do wish that there was a little more room to push the seat back in the 2008 H240. The sink makes it too cramped to stand up straight while driving. I often prefer to stand, and can't... Even when the steering wheel is tilted nearly verticle.

I was set on buying a used 2008 H260 before this 248 and it was the same way, I'm 6' 4" and 225lbs and I thought FW should have made the sink different so the seat could go back further.

Granted the 248 isnt much better as far as standing and driving for me..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:51 pm 
Dolphin

No major complaints....six years and still love our boat, so it's just little things.....the nut in the center of the throttle loosens up all the time, and the sink/shower pump is crap (I improved it this summer with a "kit" to refurbish it, but it's still not up to par)....a better drain for the center storage in the floor. Ours stopped up after year one and we've never been able to clear it....the supports under the cooler in the long port storage compartment are weak, and poorly designed imho. ....and those little "twist locks" on the window/door to the bow are pretty poor quality also.

Ernie