www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Led's in Bow
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:06 pm 
Seahorse

Guys,

One of my winter projects is to add some lighting to the interior of my boat. I'm going to put RGB strips undel the gunwales in the main cockpit but I'm curious if anyone has ever put any in the the bow. If you did, where/how did you do it? I'm thinking that I might put some between the seat cushion and the fiberglass but not sure if that would make it hard to see while driving at night. If that won't work maybe take some regular courtesy lights and put a single rgb into them. Thoughts?

Also, I'm thinking about adding some single rgb led's in the cup holders. I want to change over to stainless but have read that the plastic ones in my 99 are a weird size. Can anyone shine some light (pun intended) on that as well.

The boat in question is a 1999 220 horizon with standard seating. I appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Nick

Post subject: Re: Led's in Bow
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:39 am 
Shark

My friend has a 2006 H260 and it has an LED factory installed in the bow area. It made it very hard to drive at night. We actually ended up turning off all the interior lights while under way since they were on one switch. My 2012 H260 has the exact same layout only they didn't install the LED in the bow area only in the back seating areas and this made a world of difference. You could probably get away with LED's in the cup holders, but I wouldn't get to carried away with lights in the bow area unless you can just turn those off while under way.

Hope this helps...

1984 Century 5000, Merc 260 Alpha 1
2012 Yamaha VXR

Kansas City, MO

Post subject: Re: Led's in Bow
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:49 pm 
Seahorse

That was exactly what I was looking for. I think that I might put an inline switch in for those so that I can turn them off/on separately and use them when just hanging out. Thanks for the help.