Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ACC switches
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:52 pm 
Dolphin

Location: Sweden, Northern Europe, close to the arctic circle
Hi

On my Vista from 06 there are two accessory ACC switches on the dash, to the right of the steering wheel. They are not mentioned in the manual, as if they weren't there. When feeling them from behind, I can tell they are wired, so they go "somewhere". On the breaker panel by the drivers feet there are slots for fuses. I haven't bothered to check for continuity between them but that would make sense. However...where do the switches go, where do they terminate? Anyone know? Or are they partially wired? How do I pop them out of the panel?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Post subject: Re: ACC switches
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:45 pm 
email admin your custom rank

The wiring schematics for the Vista 258 and 278 up to ca 2007 are easy to access. Unavailable for later ones. On my 2009 Vista 278 there were at least 3 empty fuse slots; labelled VHF radio, chartplotter and something else which I don't remember ( I used it for the fishfinder), but none of those were controlled by any dash switches.

To get the switches out, you have to depress tabs on the top and bottom of the switch; it probably would need the switch panel removing ( held in place via studs and nuts, removed using American/ UK imperial sized spanners !). The wood effect part is one piece, the aluminium effect panels can be removed on their own.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:13 pm 
Dolphin

Thanks

I have the manual schematics, but like I said, no mention in there of the extra switches.

Are the tabs at the back, I'd have to reach around, right? I can feel some kind of stud and nut, that probably holds the metallic painted panel right?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:29 am 

Haddock_ wrote:
Hi

On my Vista from 06 there are two accessory ACC switches on the dash, to the right of the steering wheel. They are not mentioned in the manual, as if they weren't there. When feeling them from behind, I can tell they are wired, so they go "somewhere". On the breaker panel by the drivers feet there are slots for fuses. I haven't bothered to check for continuity between them but that would make sense. However...where do the switches go, where do they terminate? Anyone know? Or are they partially wired? How do I pop them out of the panel?

Thanks in advance

Mike

These ACC switches are pre wired accessory switches so when you install say a shower like I have, you just connect to the outlet side of the switch - done. Normally they are wired via the fuse box so it is just plug and play.

Mark
Melbourne
Australia

Boats:
Current: 2004 FW 190
2001 Mastercraft X5
1998 Malibu Response
1999 Sea Ray 180
17 ft Scimitar Barefoot (200hp Yamaha)
16ft Scimitar Ski (Yamaha 115)
1988 Ski Nautique ( Called Ski Antique)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:05 am 

Haddock_ wrote:
Thanks

I have the manual schematics, but like I said, no mention in there of the extra switches.

Are the tabs at the back, I'd have to reach around, right? I can feel some kind of stud and nut, that probably holds the metallic painted panel right?

Yes, the tabs are at the back ( top and bottom of the switch body). To visualise it, why don't you remove the switch panel in the cabin ( 4 screws, easy and quick to do), the switches are the same type as used on the dash.

Some of the studs and nuts only hold the wood effect trim in place. Others holding the silver trim panels pass through larger holes in the wood effect trim. I found it easiest to use a deep 1/4" drive imperial socket o remove them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:50 am 
Dolphin

Graham R wrote:
Haddock_ wrote:
Thanks

Yes, the tabs are at the back ( top and bottom of the switch body). To visualise it, why don't you remove the switch panel in the cabin ( 4 screws, easy and quick to do), the switches are the same type as used on the dash.

Some of the studs and nuts only hold the wood effect trim in place. Others holding the silver trim panels pass through larger holes in the wood effect trim. I found it easiest to use a deep 1/4" drive imperial socket o remove them.

Ah, great tip :) didnt think of that myself... Duh :D