www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Liquid Lite Installation
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:11 am 
Shark

So I finished the hookup of our Liquid Lite install last weekend and got to test it out. It is very cool...but only when it's super dark out. I have to admit that I was expecting more but the kids were thrilled when we pulled into the dock and they could see all the minnows and bass.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:56 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I am considering this.

What do you do whith the light when trailering.

Also, did you note the warning that states you shall not remove the light when the boat is in the water? Good thing they included that one?

Makes wonder what came first; the warning or an incident.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:10 pm 
Shark

I tried out the blue and the white light. I liked the white light better it seemed to be a bit brighter. I also trailer my boat and I went ahead and installed a whole new drain plug for the light above my original drain plug that way i never need to remove the light.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:32 pm 
Shark

alex8q4 wrote:
I am considering this.

What do you do whith the light when trailering.

Also, did you note the warning that states you shall not remove the light when the boat is in the water? Good thing they included that one?

Makes wonder what came first; the warning or an incident.

Easy! I don't trailer...lol! Well, very little anyways. Our boat sits at a slip for almost the whole summer so I didn't really think anything about it. I guess I could just zip tie it to the trailer if I wanted to leave it out for a stretch.

I didn't see that warning but that is hilarious! Sad if they had to include that as a CYA statement...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:42 am 

The zip tie is a great idea, it could even be tied to the drive in that case. Also, I always carry zip ties in my truck.

As for the warning, it's included in the installation guide on the web site... See the link below.

http://www.theliquidlite.com/underwater ... ation.html

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:37 am 

I haven't looked at the cost of those, but if its not enough light, consider adding a second one. When I was looking I found a system that basically took a brass 4 way fitting and a short nipple on each side then an elbow. The lights screwed into the elbows, one nipple went into the drain plug and then the drain plug went into the fourth hole. That way drain plug is still removable and the lights arent shadowed as badly by the outdrive.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:40 pm 
Shark

Rick2752 wrote:
I haven't looked at the cost of those, but if its not enough light, consider adding a second one. When I was looking I found a system that basically took a brass 4 way fitting and a short nipple on each side then an elbow. The lights screwed into the elbows, one nipple went into the drain plug and then the drain plug went into the fourth hole. That way drain plug is still removable and the lights arent shadowed as badly by the outdrive.

I used a system like this from boatpluglight.com. I have pictures in this thread under the ADDING LED LIGHTS topic on page 3 if you want to check them out. I have had them in for over a month and I love them. The cost was around $170 for 2 bright lights. They looked great when on plane on Lake Michigan. They also looked good when just cruising slow no wake.