www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: bilge pump
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:47 pm 
Starfish

ric wrote:
auto bilge pumps are cheap. Wal mart price matches and you can score yourself a Attwood Sahara 500 auto for around $40

West Marine price matches too and you can get a proper Rule pump for around the same price, and toss that Attwood junk in the trash.... (personal preference)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:07 pm 
email admin your custom rank

JordanFTW wrote:
ric wrote:
auto bilge pumps are cheap. Wal mart price matches and you can score yourself a Attwood Sahara 500 auto for around $40

West Marine price matches too and you can get a proper Rule pump for around the same price, and toss that Attwood junk in the trash.... (personal preference)

I've had no problems with my attwood 500 manual pump. I use it almost daily for 2 months now and it's a rock star

2003 Chaparral 215 SSI - sold
2009 Stingray 195CS - sold
2000 Four Winns H180 - sold
1976 O'day Daysailer II - sold

Rick's Four Winns H180 Mods/Upgrade Thread

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:54 pm 
Starfish

ric wrote:
JordanFTW wrote:
ric wrote:

I've had no problems with my attwood 500 manual pump. I use it almost daily for 2 months now and it's a rock star

I would hope so after only two months. The reviews all over the internet speak for themselves. Hopefully you have good luck with yours!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:09 pm 

I'm going to install the automatic along side the manual pump for safe measure because the boat sits in the water. All the bad reviews are based on salt water installations where the salt freezes the internal float switch. This is a fresh water boat.

2003 Chaparral 215 SSI - sold
2009 Stingray 195CS - sold
2000 Four Winns H180 - sold
1976 O'day Daysailer II - sold

Rick's Four Winns H180 Mods/Upgrade Thread

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:14 am 

Misterbulbous wrote:
tonythu wrote:
problem solved! the dash switch had fallen apart. when i removed it, the back fell off in my hand. a new switch was under $20.00.
side note, the part# on the schematic is not correct i flipped a lid when the part kid told me it was $85.00.
(# was for a dimmer switch)

Glad you found it. I had never considered the value of a working bilge pump as much as I did this past weekend. I happened to be cruising across the lake with my family and I shut the engine off to swim...thought it was odd that the bilge pump was automatically on. Looked in the engine compartment and saw about 4 inches of water in the bilge. Freaked out!...of course, when this isn't expected, a million things go through your head, most of which end up with the boat sitting at the bottom of the lake.

Turns out, the water hose that's used for attaching the garden hose had a slightly loose cap. Loose enough to let water leak while under water pressure. Scared the crap out of me. thank god for the bilge!

The exact thing happened to me and my cousin while sitting talking to a Marine patrol friend of ours and we all freaked out and he started screaming get under way take her to the dock fast screw the no wake zone punch it punch it so I definitely remember what I felt like and it was terrible. It all ended when my cousin looked to the bilge pump and the hose was loose and shooting the water into the boat. Jeez what a laugh afterwards..