www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:05 am 
Tadpole

My marina's mechanic has had my boat for 4 months... guess he's busy. Anyway, I finally got it put into the water last Friday and drove down on Saturday. Immediately, I noticed that the cabin lights wouldn't work; I figured it'd be a fuse or something and moved on with my checks. Shore power was applied, outlets (check), AC (whoops, open seacock - check), bilges (clear - check)... you get the idea.

Ships Systems breaker... on, check.
Stereo... no power
Cockpick lights... no power
Cabin lights... no power

Put the key, turned to 'on'... no power (WTF?!)

Pulled open the fuse panel... nothing blown. Noticed some scraping around the boat's main On/Off/Parallel switch. I pulled the switch out and pulled up the cables to check connections, everything looked good but I did find two inline 30A/32V fuse bodies. After opening the first one I noticed it was blown and I quickly drove to the local TrueValue and picked up two fuses (1 for a backup). I installed the first fuse and the boat powered up due to the key still being in the 'on' position. Lights etc still didn't work...

I opened the second fuse body to find a 15A, blown fuse inside the 30A/32V line... I installed the backup fuse and bingo, lights stereo etc work. So... two points... 1) check both fuse bodies before you go to the hardware store and 2) if all ships systems are offline, or if the boat wont turn on; and yet the batteries have power, check these two fuses.

I wanted to post this here because it took me awhile to find this, and if anyone else has this issue it could help make your weekend more pleasant than mine.

2002 Four Winns V268; 6 years - love'n every moment, now just need a bigger boat - maybe time for V378?

Fair winds and following seas,

Shaker (yes that's my real name)