www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:10 am 
Seahorse

Guys,

Sorry for so many questions, but I just want to make sure that I do things right the first time, and relatively cheaply. I'm going to make a bow filler for my 99 220 Horizon. I made a template out of cardboard for the base and have that taken care of. The seat height from the bottom of the lip where it will sit to the top of the bow cushions is 5". I was originally going to use 3/4" marine plywood since I have to replace one seat bottom as well (I looked into starboard but it is super expensive) and 4" foam but don't really want to leave a 1/4" gap between the two. I figure that the vinyl will add some height (maybe 1/8" total). Any ideas on getting it level all the way across?

Also, I was going to use Veada (veada.com) to order the vinyl, underlay, welting, etc. From the samples that I have gotten it seems to match the best with the current interior. My boat is navy and white on the hull and white and blue on the inside. The interior blue is lighter than the hull. I'll try to add a picture once I get home. If anyone knows of a brand/place with better quality/match please let me know.

Lastly, it seems that the marine foam is super expensive. I found this stuff on ebay that is half the price. What do you guys think?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-x24-x82-Premi ... 5af3076bc7

Once again, sorry for all the questions but I just want to make sure that I'm on the right track. Thanks.

-Skert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:04 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I would add another 1/2" of foam, because you are going to compress the foam a little when you pull the vinyl tight and staple it off. A little spray adhesive (like 3m Adhesive 80 or 70) will glue the foam layers together, as well as glue the foam to the wood. No need to glue the vinyl in most cases.

Foam comes in many different "firmness" also, so be careful of that.

prev. boats:
'87 Chaparral 198CXL 4.3 OMC Cobra
'69 Jetstar 16ft Ski Boat, 115hp Yamaha
'68 Aluminum Jon Boat, 3hp Sears
'64 Water Wings

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:45 pm 
Minnow

I just got a '99 H220 last month, without the fill in cushions. It has been a year for you, how did the cushions work?

Did you make one big one, or two like come standard?

I've tried to use the FW website to get a quote on a pair from them, but I keep getting a app/server error (bad programming...).