www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:11 pm 
Goldfish

I have been looking around for a good boarding solution for a dog to access a swim platform. She's a 50 lb. Lab. I have found many options but some seem really expensive and some seem to cheap. I don't want anything to go on the swim ladder since I also have 3 children, the youngest being 5 that need the ladder. I searched in the forum and didn't see anything posted from the past.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:43 am 
email admin your custom rank

My dog is able to just use the ladder on the boat. He figured it out on his own pretty well. 70# German Shorthair. He's been on the boat since he was a puppy, and pretty much does his own thing, including going to shore on his own if he needs to do his business while we're on the hook. We have the dinghy for getting him to shore in the morning and evening, to avoid a wet dog down below while on the hook overnight.. From what your ladder looks like in your signature pic, your ladder looks similar to mine. Mine has a minor angle out when deployed, and with a little work, I'm sure your dog could figure it out as well. Otherwise, they do make several different types of "doggy ladders" for your boat, from ones you have to permanently mount, to ones that mount/hang on the existing ladder. All of which, to me, seemed large, cumbersome, and otherwise in the way for storage and people traffic..

2004 Four Winns 328 Vista
1997 Larson Cabrio 290 - sold
1988 Rinker Fiesta Vee 248 - sold

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:32 pm 
email admin your custom rank

We have a 70 lb golden on board, I just have his life jacket on and had the handle re-enforced and just haul him up when it's time. Other than that he hangs out on the ladder when he needs a break, we also have a tender on board for taking him to shore when on the hook

1997 225 Sundowner

Mike