www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Toy Tip
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:44 am 
Snub Nose Commander

Ok, so we've had the boat for just the end of last season and purchased all the necessities.

I'm now dying to get on the water and waiting on a swim platform. What other toys or organizers for us small boat owners do you guys recommend. Anything in the countless websites of stuff have you found that really make the trip better. The 180 has limited space so anything that helps organize the boat, our accessories or people I'd love to check out.

Any other toys that are just a "must have" for kids on the lake?

"There are no stupid questions, only stupid people"

Post subject: Re: Toy Tip
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:41 am 
email admin your custom rank

1. Water Canons (more than 1, so you can shoot back)
    2. Kid friendly tube, we have a Super Mable and I'm thinking about an Airhead Viper 2. The Mable doubles as an island to jump from when anchored.
    3. Inflatable floaty chairs, small enough to deflate to fit a bunch under a seat.
    4. Water friendly games such as frisbee, football, etc. We have a suction cup basketball hoop to stick on the side of the boat.
    5. Sand toys
    6. Don't forget various kid size life vests. Kids have friends and they'll want them to come too.

Most of the stuff fits under one of the front bow seats, just look for things that are smaller or collapsible.

Current boat: 2011 Yamaha AR210
Previous boat: 1998 Horizon RX 4.3GL SX

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:43 pm 
Villiage Idiot

Good list indeed.....I may also suggest an inflator for all the air toys. I have one I got at Walmart (Ozark Brand) that is rechargable, or runs directly off AC, or DC. On the internal batt alone I inflated both tubes, and my air matteress. It only set me back $20, and stays in the boat glove box.
Another item I have for all my ski/tube ropes is a mesh back-pack. This way I can hang it or tie it on anywhere, and the lines will air-dry quickly. Either on the swim platform, or from the tower. I've had it about 3 years, and didn't know how I survived without.

6.2L Bravo One turning a 21P HIFive
Wakeboard Tower with Perfect Pass Stargazer version
Missouri River; Kansas City, Mo.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:03 pm 
Snub Nose Commander

Great idea's. Have the inflator and as of now the kids are all really small so we have a limited fun but nice list. thanks

"There are no stupid questions, only stupid people"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:06 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Walt wrote:
Good list indeed.....I may also suggest an inflator for all the air toys. I have one I got at Walmart (Ozark Brand) that is rechargable, or runs directly off AC, or DC. On the internal batt alone I inflated both tubes, and my air matteress. It only set me back $20, and stays in the boat glove box.
Another item I have for all my ski/tube ropes is a mesh back-pack. This way I can hang it or tie it on anywhere, and the lines will air-dry quickly. Either on the swim platform, or from the tower. I've had it about 3 years, and didn't know how I survived without.

Good call, I figured I had to be missing something. We use a Coleman Rechargeable that will inflate/deflate the Super Mable and all the misc chairs on one charge.

We're also currently looking for a foot pump to top off with.

Current boat: 2011 Yamaha AR210
Previous boat: 1998 Horizon RX 4.3GL SX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:00 am 
wkearney99

Hit up the local toy stores in about a week or so as they start to mark down their swimming stuff. I usually pick up a couple of inflatable lounger rafts. The kind with an opening through the foot area are great, as that's where you can loop a line through for tying off to the boat. That and if you get 'em marked down in price you don't feel as bad just throwing them away at the end of the season as opposed to trying to clean them...

Noodle floats are great (the brightly colored tubes of foam that look like pipe insulation). Likewise, get 'em cheap and pitch 'em when they get filthy. Curiously you can also use a couple of these along the waterline at the bow if waves slapping the hull keeps you up at night (granted, not really an issue on a 180).