www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:57 pm 
Goldfish

We installed the pad last year ('08) on our '07 and yes it was expensive but the Admiral wanted it for Mother's day to help the kids from slipping while playing on the deck. While it does get hot if not wet ours is always wet and never an issue, and we are out virtually every weekend in Texas. In the rare occassions that it is not wet and does get hot a quick splash of water does the trick and usually there is always water near by :wink:

No regrets and would install it again. It is actualy easier to clean!

'08 F250 PSD
'04 Excusion EB PSD, RAS, Bilsteins and Wood Trim
'96 Camry - What I drive!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:52 pm 
email admin your custom rank

If I install Flexiteak, does in mean it will get hot (or even warm) here in the UK? If so, I'll have the whole boat covered in it!

Graham

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:06 pm 
All Night Long

Graham R wrote:
If I install Flexiteak, does in mean it will get hot (or even warm) here in the UK? If so, I'll have the whole boat covered in it!

Graham

If you build it, they will come.

Yes - install it. Then sit back, and bring on the heat!

It's kind of like getting A/C in your house in the Pacific Northwest. If you have it, you never get a day over 80. If you don't have it (like most of us in Seattle), then we break heat records for July and August.

The admiral is happy the boat has A/C though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:59 am 

We had to have the house heating on last week ! Unbelievable for August.

Graham

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:07 am 
Dolphin

I have a 2008,358 in South Florida with new flexiteak installed a couple of months ago, it is very good yes it gets hot but as a previous poster put spray it down with the shower it's fine, To the UK poster, i have a boat in the UK with fleexiteek,as well and not it does not get hot here. i am planning to bring my 358 back to the UK and then down to the med so it it can stand the heat in South Florida it will not be a problem.
Flexiteak in Fort Lauderdale actually shot a video a couple of weeks ago onboard, when i get the links i'll post.

Again if anyone wants my old carpets let me know the last forum user just stopped responding to me for no reason!!! so they are up for sale again all three pieces in good condition, i have also replaced the cockpit ice maker with a fridge so if anyone wants a year olf ice maker.

Cheers

Sean
sj@odms.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:36 pm 

Sean,

I was being ironic about the Flexiteak causing it to wam up here ( it definately needs to warm up though!)

I guess you'll have to have your 358 shipped over to the UK, rather than driving it over (a pretty big petrol tank would be required I imagine to cross the Atlantic!). Will you be able to get petrol on the way to the Med via the Bay of Biscay etc? Or is your boat a diesel ? I imagine the UK is the best place to import a boat into the EU at the moment, due to the temporary reduced VAT rate of 15%. It's higher elsewhere in the EU and VAT is payable at the point of import. Is your boat CE certified already with the little screwed on plate ? I believe it's illegal to use a boat here without it ( the usual con, to make money for the Governments !).

Graham

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:01 pm 
Dolphin

Hi Graham,

It's a petrol twin 300 Volvo's, i gets quite good fuel consumpsion i can run for about 220 miles on full tanks at about 25 Kts, flat out i get 37Kts. I am having to get it CE doc in Fort Lauderdale, it will cost about $5500 i have no choice, i have looked into replacing the engines with diesels but the 260 Volvo's really are not up to the job i have driven one and it is sluggish onto the plane and only gets about 27Kts flat out and the cruise is 20Kts to get to 25Kts you are using more or less the same fuel about 85 ltrs an hour. If i where to go down that route i would put the 350 HP Cummings 4.2 on Bravo 3 legs. I can get those trade but it would still be expensive and fuel consumption is about the same.
I am also going to look at an LPG conversion. I may also get the boat low loaded done to the med it's being shipped with a 3 axle road trailer (i know it can not be used on the roads but can be pulled up onto a low loader) still not 100% about bringing it back.
Its a very good boat and we have been very happy with her for the year we have had her, we have been in some really rough seas in the Bahamas and Atlantic and she handled them very well, but you do need that power she basically handles like a big rib. We have covered nearly 1000 miles in her.
The flexiteek makes a big differance it really is a warm weather boat, with the flexiteek you can just wash the whole cockpit area down and it looks real good.

Cheers
Sean