www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:41 pm 
wkearney99

Has anyone added a washdown system to their Four Winns? I'm considering adding one that would let me use either raw or fresh water, possibly switchable between the two. If only to allow using the 'unlimited' supply of raw water to clean up the majority of crud and then fresh to rinse (possibly through the shore connection).

I'm considering something like this
flush mount holder up in the anchor locker. The 348 has a pretty big anchor locker with a cover. I'd have to measure to be sure but I'm thinking it'd fit.

Then there's the question of where to mount the pump and the source for the water. I may just start with a hose that gets dropped overboard to pickup the raw water, rather than mess with the existing seacocks (or adding one).

Thoughts?
[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:05 am 
Mental Floss

Bill, Did you ever get it worked out?

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:04 pm 
wkearney99

Not yet, the dealer's still screwing around trying to fix what they broke this winter. One thing being they had to replace the fresh water pump, again. They didn't get to the leaking water tank yet. So I just have to keep refilling it and expect it to lose about half a tank's worth of water each day. I've ordered a counter for the bilge pump so I can keep tabs on how often it needs to run. Quite a bargain at $10:

http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=649

A nearby slipholder put one in his sailboat last month and it works great. You just tap into the 12v power off the pump. It just increments the number up once for each time the pump has to operate. There are "better" solutions like the Water Witch that track not just the number of times but also when it happened over the past hour, 24 and week. I'll just be happy knowing if it ran at all.

But I did get a closer look at the anchor locker and there's not really enough room on the deck to accommodate that flush mount hose holder. I think there might be enough room down inside the locker to mount one of the vertical hose coil trays. Some of the hose holders have the water line connection built into them. I might add a flush mounted socket up on the deck for the hose end instead of using the one in the holder. That way I wouldn't have to leave the anchor door up and the hatch open when using the hose. I'm not sure how often they're expecting you to be opening the rode locker hatch. It's just a press-fit seal with an o-ring. But it looks like a standard size hole so I could replace the hatch with one with a latch if this one wears out.

So no progress, yet. But once they get the boat's issues sorted out (and don't break anything else in the process) it's definitely on my To Do list.[/img]