www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:39 am 
Villiage Idiot

Pedropup wrote:
Not too late! Went out to the lake on Monday with two wakeboards, a ski and a tube...WE NEED A TOWER!

So...new questions....what is the benefit of the reverse arch compared to the standard Tower? Which one would still provide the largest Bimini Cover? Seems like Reverse. That cover is a big deal with the kids and Granny!

Not helping, but I think both the factory tower, and factory arch look AWESOME on the H2X0. I've told you my 0.02 otherwise. You are welcome to browse my pics and I am sure others would be happy to show thiers if that helps you.

6.2L Bravo One turning a 21P HIFive
Wakeboard Tower with Perfect Pass Stargazer version
Missouri River; Kansas City, Mo.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:56 pm 
Shark

When we are wake boarding I un zip te aft Bimini, roll it up and then secureit to the tower with 3 bungees. One on each side - from the bimini side around the arch and one in the middle around te bimini andto the arch. This works perfect and then I can redeploy in 30 seconds if needed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:27 pm 
Guppy

Get the tower, so many options open up for you, like speakers,lights,bimimini tops,towel drying rack..........but never ever tow a tube from a tower as they are just not designed for such loads . There is a bit of extra care involved,checking hardware frequently as they are a soft metal that strips threads , just a visual inspection on a regular basis. Don't ever move boat with towers folded down, and I am of the opinion that extra support in behind where tower is mounted to boat is woth its weigt in gold as gel coat cracks are very common and not cheap to repair. Have fun with the sport,and btw, tons of guys on skis out there still so thats not dead either.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:18 pm 
Goldfish

Does anyone know where you can get wakeboard racks and speaker holders for the new white arch tower? are the fourwinns options the only ones out there...?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:16 pm 
email admin your custom rank

fvshawn--We pull tubes from our FW tower all the time, more air going over the wake. Why do you advise never to do this?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:32 am 
Goldfish

240 Joe wrote:
fvshawn--We pull tubes from our FW tower all the time, more air going over the wake. Why do you advise never to do this?

Lots of boats that do this end up breaking or cracking the fiberglass around where they mount. A guy i know pulls tubes on his and the fiberglass is all cracked around the mounting points.

Its your money do what you want with it... again lots of boats end up this way some don't.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:10 pm 
Shark

We just had a new 2013 FW tower installed on our new 2012 H200 this Spring. The agreement with our supplier was that we would install the tower ONLY if the existing bimini top would function with it...so...when the new tower was installed and the existing bimini did NOT work with it (interfered with speakers) - our supplier took our bimini on trade and installed the new fixed version of the bimini...which I love! Very happy with the whole setup. It takes me seconds to remove or install (but I do need to leave it on the dock). It does not interfere with pulling rope however so it is almost always on. A couple bonus items to note with this install - the new tower has lights built into the top tubes as well as one on the tow mount and the speakers are run from a separate power amp which I can control so as to annoy other lake users if I choose...

Last edited by Flyindutchman on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:22 pm 

I love that convertible top with the rear curtain

2003 Chaparral 215 SSI - sold
2009 Stingray 195CS - sold
2000 Four Winns H180 - sold
1976 O'day Daysailer II - sold

Rick's Four Winns H180 Mods/Upgrade Thread

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:30 pm 
Shark

We use the boat both for fun and for commuting to an island cottage making a convertible roof kinda necessary for foul weather boating...it seems as though we get about 3 weeks of nice hot weather - sigh.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:13 pm 
Shark

That is a good looking set-up.

We have decided to Tower and will do so this Winter. A little something from Santa Claus for Mom and Dad.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:34 pm 

Flying Dutchman- are those Wetsounds speakers, and if so how do you like time?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:41 am 
Shark

240 Joe wrote:
Flying Dutchman- are those Wetsounds speakers, and if so how do you like time?

Yes, they are Wetsounds. Funny you should ask as I was going to post about my audio setup soon.

I got them mid-season so really haven't had a whole lot of use yet but they were installed with the tower by the dealer.

They 'sound' amazing - very clear and crisp - but I've yet to hear them when actually doing anything behind the boat such as tubing, wake boarding, or skiing. I don't use them for just listening to music while docked or floating on the lake. I wanted them specifically for pumping tunes while getting pulled.

I've got a Jensen 7604 power amp mated to the OEM Sony marine deck (CDX-H910UI I believe). I'm sure there's enough power there and the speakers are designed for this purpose but maybe it's just too much to ask to hear tunes with water, wind, and motor noise of a stern drive to overcome? (I find my H200 louder than our previous '94 H190)

I've seen other specific towboats that sound great while pulling but I honestly haven't had much time to analyze this yet. I tuned the input level of the power amp which made a huge improvement but I'm left with the problem of blasting everyone in the boat in order to get the tower speakers loud enough. I 'think' I need some kind of separate volume control - any suggestions??? Wetsounds WS-240?

But as far as the Wetsounds speakers themselves, they seem great and I've heard them on other boats also (mind you there were like 20 of them mounted on a single tower!).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:51 am 

Flying Dutchman- I have replaced the 4 cockpit Clarion speakers with Wet Sounds; added 2 REV-10 tower speakers with LED rings; added the Wet Sounds amp (forgot what power) and added the WS-420 Equalizer. Have not used the tower speakers much for towing but they say they can hear the music. While I no longer ski I love to hear music when under way. The sound is clear and the WS-420 lets me turn down the cockpit music and only use the tower speakers which is how we mainly use the tower speakers- when we swim and hang out off the back. You are the only other person on the forum that I have noticed with my brand of audio.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:41 am 
Shark

Joe, that sounds like a damn cool setup to me. I guess the ws-420 is my next move. The Jensen power amp they provided is actually a 4 channel amp so I believe I should be able to run the deck to the equalizer and then to the single power amp - is that what you've done also? I'll have to pull the speaker wires for the cockpit from the deck and put to hthe amp is all.

Have you used the mic at all for instructing victims, err, I mean tubers and boarders/skiers? Curious as to quality of sound.

Just for giggles, could you post any pics of your setup?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:16 am 

Flyindutchman:
I use the mike to instruct my young nephews, goad them a little on the tubes- victims might be a more exact description. When you press the mike button to talk, it cuts off the music, then music comes back on when you release the button. I had a Wet Sounds dealer install my system and it did take 2 amps to power the subwoofer, cockpit speakers, and tower speakers. The WS-420 has a separate volume and frequency controls for the subwoofer, for the cockpit speakers, and the tower speakers. I'll take some pictures next week and try to figure out how to post them.