www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:35 pm 
Minnow

Hi All,

I have a 2015 H210, V8-300-C-B w/ SX outdrive. I would like to add a transom switch. I have read prior threads and seen frequent mention of using the Quicksilver Mercury switch, which is supposedly plug-n-play with VP. I have a nagging feeling that may not be true for newer VPs. I searched in the engine compartment and found unused electrical connections near the power trim/tilt pump. I took some photos and am hoping someone might recognize the purpose of these connections and share their knowledge.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Newbie in NorCal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:55 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I'm not sure what the plugs you show in your pictures are for. I looked at the 2014 owner's manual for that model. The 2014 manual did have the transom trim switch as an option. I did not find a wiring diagram but they had the following info in a wiring color code chart. The 2014 parts manual showed "SWITCH,TRANS DRIVE TRIM #87815200A02 FCI, (5/1/2013 - Present)" with a kit# of MT-14-463, and a switch# 28-2519-04. You might go to the 2014 parts manual and look at the switch and wiring harness to compare whether the colors match what you got or make sense. Go to www.FourWinns.com, click on the "Customer Service" link at the top of the page and the "Parts Catalog" on the right side of the next screen. Hope this helps.

Wire Color Wire Designation

Red - Wires on positive (+) side of battery that go to starter. This wire is non-protected.
Red/Purple Stripe - 50 amp protected wire that runs from the engine to the fuse panel at the helm. Wire from starter switch to starter solenoid.
Brown/Yellow - Power lead to bilge blower from a fuse or switch.
Dark Gray - Sensor wire from tachometer sender to tachometer.
Brown/Orange Leads - to bilge pump from switch.
Brown/Red Leads - to auto bilge pump.
Purple - Wire between ignition switch and coil. Wire from ignition switch through distribution panel to electrical instruments.
Orange - Accessories
Dark Blue - Wire from switch to instrument lights.
Light Blue - Sensor wire from engine oil pressure sender to oil pressure gauge.
Tan - Sensor wire from water temperature sender to
water temperature gauge.
Pink - Sensor wire from fuel tank level sender to fuel gauge.

Purple/White - Trim position
White/Green - Trim down
White/Blue - Trim up
White/Red - Trim power
Yellow - Ground

Gray/Green - Bow light
Gray/Blue - Stern light
Yellow/Red Stripe
Note: Some of these colors can serve more than one type of circuit.
Figure H15 Wiring Color Codes

Current boat: '02 FW 268 Vista
Previous boat: '95 FW 190 Horizon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:26 pm 
Minnow

Thanks for the information. It was helpful and appreciated! Still working on it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:59 am 
Minnow

The Mercury switch is plug and play. I just installed on my 2009 H240 last week. Finding the trim switch connection on the boat took a couple hours but the actual installation took less than an hour (cutting a hole in the transom was the most nerve racking LOL) . The trim connection is located on a shelf right behind the engine and just in front of the tow ring. My Four Winns dealer uses nothing but the Mercury transom trim switch and they said it works on most late model Four Winns.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:20 pm 
Minnow

Thanks for the information. Will probably go for it at the end of the season. A little worried about drilling through fiberglass. Where did you locate the switch on your boat? Best