www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:24 pm 
email admin your custom rank

2000W is about the same power needed for a small outdoor festival with 200 people... seems kind of odd to put that on a boat...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:10 pm 
Clownfish

LouC wrote:
If you're going to keep using a system that draws that kind of power, I can't imagine a normal 65 amp alternator is adequate. In fact there are vehicles made even 20 years ago that had 130 amp alternators. I think you need to contact a marine electric place, and tell them what you are trying to do, they may be able to custom build a marine alt that will put out the current you need. Try Arco Marine in Fla.

yeah thats my concern the oem alternator is not adequate, i will give arco a call and pick there brain,,,thnx captain :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:14 pm 
Clownfish

skidaddytn wrote:
2000W is about the same power needed for a small outdoor festival with 200 people... seems kind of odd to put that on a boat...

ive actually heard people have put more, but yes i use the boat to wakeboard and the music travels and great out loud in the open..its just this hick up im have to work out.. :) :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:57 pm 
Dolphin

What did you end up doing?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:37 am 

Ok i have 3,200 watt stereo on the boat. dual group 29 batteries for the House side and a dedicated start.

this is how my setup is

i have a Blue Sea Add a battery kit that includes a 5511e Dual Circuit Plus Battery Switch and a 7610 Automatic Charging Relay (ACR) the ACR regulates the charge between the house and the start automatically so that both banks stay charged. When i hit the starter switch it locks out the house from any charge and is 100% on the start battery. The start is 100% isolated away from the house (stereo batteries). The switch can go to Combine mode if the Start battery is dead for some strange reason and will use the house batteries to help start the engine.

after the switch i have a main 50a fuse for the engine and its electronics, a 30a breaker for the main fuse panel that runs all of the electronics, a 75a breaker for the stereo amps. all of the stereo and electronics main fuse panel are off of the HOUSE bank.

this setup allows me to keep things seperated and automatically charges which ever bank needs charge (first couple min of running it charges the start then 99% of the rest of the time i am maintaining the house side)

I have a dedicated 0ga run of power and ground to the amplifiers that is on its own breaker seperate from the main fuse panel.

One thing to remember is the max Amperage draw is when the Amplifier is at 100% load. i can garantee that you are NOT running the amps at full load if they are making a true 2kW. I have 3,200w so that i can run cool temp amps with a lower Amperage draw than having to push the Amplifier to the limit. By only using 40-60% of my amperage output in watts for VOLUME i run a lower temp and lower load draw on my amps and obtain the same crazy loud volume. I will put it this way my radio head unit goes to 50 on the volume. cruising around 38mph i have it on 12-14. at anchor party time maybe touch 20 much past that your ears HURT.

I WOULD INVEST IN A ACR and a nice battery maintainer for when not under power that has a nice low amp trickle maintain charge. My trickle maintainer is 0.2amps of charge. My batteries are 4 years old and last and last. the best charge is a slow charge. At the house i always have the maintainer plugged in so that the batteries have a healthy full charge.

http://www.smwebhead.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11136
1977 14' CMF Skiff SOLD
2015 Emotion Stealth Angler 11

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:01 am 
Clownfish

1baddoggy wrote:
What did you end up doing?

well i just got a new alternator with 140 amps from the stock 65 amps..just got it back yesterday going to install it today and run the boat tomorrow...keep you posted.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:02 am 
Clownfish

Jdpber wrote:
Ok i have 3,200 watt stereo on the boat. dual group 29 batteries for the House side and a dedicated start.

this is how my setup is

i have a Blue Sea Add a battery kit that includes a 5511e Dual Circuit Plus Battery Switch and a 7610 Automatic Charging Relay (ACR) the ACR regulates the charge between the house and the start automatically so that both banks stay charged. When i hit the starter switch it locks out the house from any charge and is 100% on the start battery. The start is 100% isolated away from the house (stereo batteries). The switch can go to Combine mode if the Start battery is dead for some strange reason and will use the house batteries to help start the engine.

after the switch i have a main 50a fuse for the engine and its electronics, a 30a breaker for the main fuse panel that runs all of the electronics, a 75a breaker for the stereo amps. all of the stereo and electronics main fuse panel are off of the HOUSE bank.

this setup allows me to keep things seperated and automatically charges which ever bank needs charge (first couple min of running it charges the start then 99% of the rest of the time i am maintaining the house side)

I have a dedicated 0ga run of power and ground to the amplifiers that is on its own breaker seperate from the main fuse panel.

One thing to remember is the max Amperage draw is when the Amplifier is at 100% load. i can garantee that you are NOT running the amps at full load if they are making a true 2kW. I have 3,200w so that i can run cool temp amps with a lower Amperage draw than having to push the Amplifier to the limit. By only using 40-60% of my amperage output in watts for VOLUME i run a lower temp and lower load draw on my amps and obtain the same crazy loud volume. I will put it this way my radio head unit goes to 50 on the volume. cruising around 38mph i have it on 12-14. at anchor party time maybe touch 20 much past that your ears HURT.

I WOULD INVEST IN A ACR and a nice battery maintainer for when not under power that has a nice low amp trickle maintain charge. My trickle maintainer is 0.2amps of charge. My batteries are 4 years old and last and last. the best charge is a slow charge. At the house i always have the maintainer plugged in so that the batteries have a healthy full charge.

wow!! thats one hell of a set up man!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:03 am 

it gets the job done lol :lol:

http://www.smwebhead.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11136
1977 14' CMF Skiff SOLD
2015 Emotion Stealth Angler 11